The ABC press meetings as part of the TCAs (Television Critics Association) is today.
Fans should not be discouraged that there is no season 2 renewal yet, ABC has not announced renewal of any of their series and may not until May (as they did last year) as they like to announce their entire lineup together. Given ABC President Paul Lee has stated the show will be around for a “very long time” it is safe to assume the show will be officially announced as renewed for season 2 and beyond at a later date.
- Lady Sif (Jaimie Alexander: Thor) will appear in episode 15
- We will find out who the Clairvoyant is by the end of the season
- ABC President Paul Lee says Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be around for a very long time
- Paul Lee on SHIELD: “It took a while to find its sea legs. Took time to balance procedural and arc.”
- The Marvel series “Agent Carter” was also discussed. Lee says the pilot script is great and Hayley Atwell has been announced along with writers and producers. see agentcarter.net for more
Digital Spy has expanded on Paul Lee’s comments:
“It was obviously disappointing that we started with a very high number and it came down,” he acknowledged. “It took a little bit of time to find our sea legs, but now the show is really doing well.
“Creatively, we are loving what we’re seeing for the back nine. We’re doing a lot of work, and I’m really enjoying doing this with Marvel.”
The network chief added that it “took a little bit of time” to establish the show’s “mythology” and weekly format.
“I think the key for us was really starting to work closely with the studios, and really figure out – with our showrunners and all the creative brains – how we could have a show that didn’t have Iron Man in it, but did have an incredible amount of the Marvel universe,” he said. — Digital Spy
About the guest role of Lady Sif and the development of the Clairvoyant storyline they said:
“We also took a little bit of time to get the balance between a procedural and an arc. I’m so proud of how they’ve now arced out the last nine episodes.”
“We’re shooting it now. Jaimie Alexander is there,” Lee commented. “That’s going to be absolutely integral to that hour of television.”
Lee went on to promise that questions about the mystery surrounding the Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD villain the Clairvoyant will soon be revealed. — Digital Spy
Jaimie Alexander will guest star as Lady Sif in episode 15 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.