|"End of the Beginning"|
|First Air Date||April 01, 2014|
|Previous Episode||1×15 Yes Men|
|Next Episode||1×17 Turn, Turn, Turn|
edit] Basic Details
Season: 1 Episode Number: 16
Title: End of the Beginning
Original Air Date: April 01, 2014 (Nationwide), March 23, 2014 (PaleyFest 2014)
Repeat Air Dates: April 05, 2014, June 01, 2014
Writer: Paul Zbyszewski
Director: Bobby Roth
- Agent Phil Coulson – Clark Gregg
- Agent Melinda May – Ming-Na Wen
- Agent Grant Ward – Brett Dalton
- Agent Skye – Chloe Bennet
- Agent Leo Fitz – Iain De Caestecker
- Agent Jemma Simmons – Elizabeth Henstridge
- Agent John Garrett – Bill Paxton
- Agent Victoria Hand – Saffron Burrows
- Mike PetersonDeathlok – J August Richards
- Agent Antoine Triplett – B.J. Britt
- Agent Felix Blake – Titus Welliver
- Agent Jasper Sitwell – Maximiliano Hernández
- Thomas Nash – Brad Dourif
edit] Quick Summary
Agents Garrett and Triplett are back to help Coulson’s team track down S.H.I.E.L.D.’s nefarious enemy–The Clairvoyant. But will Deathlok destroy them all to protect his master’s identity?
edit] Best Quotes
- Felix Blake: From all the reports I’ve read, "unconventional" seems to be Coulson’s middle name these days.
John Garrett:(sassy) Fire breaks out, let me take Blake. He’s coy, but scrappy.
- Jemma Simmons: Maybe if you spoke to Agent Coulson–
Skye: Yeah, I don’t think that’s a good idea. If Coulson thinks it’s important that this stays between us then we should trust him, right? He’s the boss.
Jemma Simmons:(incredulous) So you’re saying we should obey the rules?
Leo Fitz: Who are you and what have you done with Skye?
- John Garrett: Guess it all comes full circle. Ward’s your S.O., I was his. Turn, turn, turn. But this S.O. thing goes both ways. You’ve had a big impact on him. He’s different than I remember him. […] Well, the tough thing about being a specialist is being alone. A team gives you a whole new perspective. Guess it’s the difference between fighting against something and fighting for something. Or someone. Ward’s got that now.
- Grant Ward: We’ve all got axes to grind. We’re here to take him in, not out.
Antoine Triplett: Ask yourself something, Agent Ward. If Skye hadn’t made it, what would you be thinking right now?
- Melinda May: You don’t believe in the Clairvoyant but you believe in astrology?
- Melinda May: I wouldn’t call anyone in critical condition lucky.
- Leo Fitz: Don’t you seem all chipper to pick up and leave me on my lonesome.
- Jemma Simmons: Brilliant deduction, Dr. Watson.
Leo Fitz: I’ve always pictured you as Watson.
- John Garrett: Impressive toy.
Leo Fitz: I prefer the term ‘high-tech hardware’.
- John Garrett: The whole reason I sent him to you is to knock off the rough edges, but maybe you did your job too well. He let his emotions get the best of him.
- Grant Ward: Whatever punishment I’ll take it. But I don’t regret what I’ve done. […] Not if it means you’re safe. You and the rest of the team.
- Leo Fitz: I didn’t do anything!
Skye: What? I didn’t say you did. (beat) What did you do?
- Grant Ward: I wasn’t put on your plane so you can make me a better person, Coulson! You put here to make the hard call, and I made it.
edit] Marvel References
- Deathlok’s appearance in full spectrum resembles his comic form.
edit] Pop Culture References
- Fitz and Simmons referred to the other as "Dr. Watson", the companion of Sherlock Holmes, created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.