|First Air Date||December 10, 2013|
|Previous Episode||1×09 Repairs|
|Next Episode||1×11 The Magical Place|
edit] Basic Details
Season: 1 Episode Number: 10
Title: The Bridge
Original Air Date: December 10, 2013
Repeat Air Dates
Writer: Shalisha Francis
Director: Holly Dale
- Agent Phil Coulson – Clark Gregg
- Agent Melinda May – Ming-Na Wen
- Agent Grant Ward – Brett Dalton
- Skye – Chloe Bennet
- Agent Leo Fitz – Iain De Caestecker
- Agent Jemma Simmons – Elizabeth Henstridge
- Mike Peterson – J August Richards
- Raina – Ruth Negga
- Edison Po – Cullen Douglas
- Laura Hayward – Molly McCook
- Ace Peterson – Ajani Wrighster
- Brian Hayward – Paul Lacovara
- Prison Guard – Rico Devereaux
- Tiny (Havenworth prison inmate) – Paul Sanchez
- Trainer – Albert Marrero Jr.
- Centipede Soldier #2 – Matt Mullins (uncredited)
- Centipede Soldier #3 – Adam Lytle (uncredited)
edit] Quick Summary
In a shocking cliffhanger episode, Coulson takes the war back to Centipede, and this time he brings in Mike Peterson for some super-soldier support. As they get closer to the truth, startling secrets are revealed and an unexpected twist threatens the team.
edit] Best Quotes
- Phil Coulson: Agent May specializes in private.
- Skye: I’m kidding. That guy’s a walking mugshot.
- Grant Ward: I mean, the last time we saw this guy, he was a raging homicidal maniac… (sees the looks on his teammates’ faces) …he’s standing right behind me, isn’t he?
- Jemma Simmons:(to Mike Peterson excitedly) It would be a shame and all, when you’re so well-formed and symmetrical. (to Leo Fitz) When did you stop talking?
Leo Fitz: About three embarrassing sentences ago.
- Phil Coulson: SHIELD protocol. It was probably better this way.
Grant Ward: Maybe if she was part of the agency…?
Phil Coulson: In my experience, that’s just asking for trouble.
- Phil Coulson: They couldn’t have a psychic. There are none on the Index. They’re myth.
Skye: So was Thor.
- Phil Coulson: Nothing makes people more suspicious than a handsome man offering them free money.
- Grant Ward: Having powers is cheating. But the suit’s pretty cool.
- Skye: We’ve been playing whack-a-mole with these guys since Ward first picked me out of my van, shouldn’t big SHIELD be sending in backup?
- Leo Fitz: If I could see the future, I’d go straight to Las Vegas.
- Grant Ward: I’m not some recruit who can’t separate church from state. I’m on the same page as you. Don’t flatter yourself.
- Melinda May: The truth is… you have to decide why you’re here. We have a mission and it’s not to find your parents. If you can’t put aside your personal attachments then you shouldn’t be here
- Phil Coulson: When I took this job, I made a choice. The same choice every one else here made. This life over the other one. The one with holiday dinners and PTA meetings and recitals. It’s not easy, but if the time comes to make the hard call, it’s simpler. But you have a son. You have someone waiting for you to come home. You need to think about that.
edit] Marvel References
- Coulson refers to his Cellist girlfriend from The Avengers in a lengthy conversation with Ward as they were driving to Ohio University.