Follow us on:
Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Tumblr Friend me on Facebook Add me to your circles
Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Pinterest Watch me on YouTube RSS Feed

Episode 2:12 Review & Discussion | 2:12 | Community Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Episode 2:12 Review & Discussion
Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
March 10, 2015
9:59 pm
Director E

Staff
Forum Posts: 1861

[sp_show_poll id="55"]

Another epic episode, what did you think!?

Lady Sif, Kree, Skye... FitzSimmons... lots of emotions!

Some fantastic visual effects

Director E. aka SHIELDtv.net Administrator and according to Clark Gregg, I'm Level 8!

March 10, 2015
10:10 pm
Agent Sullivan
Missouri, USA

Level 4
Forum Posts: 921

Initial response:
Marvel just gave us the complete Inhumans backstory, 4 years before they have their movie!
I figured they'd try to keep Skye's secret longer; but I'm glad we got past that and it's out in the open.
Mack, what are you going to do now that you have Hunter knocked out, exactly??

The following users say thank you to Agent Sullivan for this post:

Director E, Agent Aeryn, Faldang

"We're the line between the world and the much weirder world. We protect people from news they aren't ready to hear. And when we can't do that, we keep them safe."

March 10, 2015
11:25 pm
Director E

Staff

I'm glad Skye's secret is out so soon too.. I'm finding Simmons' reactions heartbreaking but like you, I think it's just fueled by emotion .. not only did she lose Trip but all the hydra stuff, Ward betraying them, nearly dying, Fitz being hurt etc.. Remember, Fitz & Simmons were fresh in the field a year ago, that's a LOT to take on board

The following users say thank you to Director E for this post:

Agent Aeryn, Agent Zaffie

Director E. aka SHIELDtv.net Administrator and according to Clark Gregg, I'm Level 8!

March 10, 2015
11:37 pm
ShadowNurse
plano,texas

Level 2
Forum Posts: 53

Well few things came to mind tonight. First am kind of happy they gave us the story line yeah its a few years early for the movie but does help on the show introducing the story.

Second: ok seriously Simmons. Yeah I can understand where she is coming from on a few things but she for me just has gone off the deep end. Way Way overreaction and just seems to be getting worst.

Glad that everyone now knows about Skye and they didnt try to keep it going on the huge secret.

Will be interesting how hunter responds after what mack did...

The following users say thank you to ShadowNurse for this post:

Director E
March 11, 2015
1:16 am
Agent Grey

Level 2
Forum Posts: 21

Agggghhhhhhhhh!

Okay, confession, I adore Lance Hunter. Definitely my favorite of the new characters for this season and right up there with first-season characters, too. Hence: Agggghhhhhhhhh! Yes, what in the WORLD is Mack going to tell him? Especially since apparently we've still got one more episode before Hunter finds out what's going on? My heart is broken for the poor guy, with how he's being played.

Things we learned about Bobbi and Mack: they're not on the same team as SHIELD (hence Bobbi's sour expression after Hunter says "we're on the same team"). They're not Hydra. They anticipate the possibility of armed resistance when they "pull the trigger on this thing" (Mack said, "He loves you, but I still think he might kill you" = anticipation of a possible firefight), which means they're not likely friendlies.

Me = dying.

Glad Skye's reveal is out there. I wonder what Simmons would really have done if Fitz hadn't kept it a secret. Loved May escaping with Skye while Coulson faced off with the two extraterrestrials. I LOVED Coulson's response - "We're going to keep her and we're going to help her." EXACTLY what I would have expected from him.

Interesting direction they're going with the Inhumans as weapons, and possibly hard-wired for destruction. That seems like a bit of a departure from the comics, from what I know? Definitely amps up the drama. Not that there wouldn't have been enough drama already with Skye just having superpowers.

Can it be next Tuesday yet?

The following users say thank you to Agent Grey for this post:

Agent Aeryn, Director E, Faldang
"A man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger." - Director Phil Coulson
March 11, 2015
3:17 am
Afalstein

Level 3
Forum Posts: 133

Better than last week.  I feel Simmons xenophobia is still kind of out of character, but at the same time it seemed more rational this time around--she's designing stronger Icers, that's all.  It's more dangerous, but it makes sense.  She does, though, seem curiously un-self-aware... she's more angry at Fitz for keeping Skye's secret than upset at realizing how she must have sounded to her friend.  I wonder if this is the end of FitzSimmons--that look she gave Fitz when he was running down the hallway seemed pretty significant.  She might go off to join Mac and Bobbi's little crew.

Speaking of which, Mac is quickly going from best teammate to worst teammate.  Funny how that seems to always happen.  I love how AoS built him up to turn him into the separatist voice here.  Pretty well confirmed that they're not Hydra--not that there was much doubt of that--but also pretty well confirmed that they're not "forming" SWORD--they're working for someone else, someone with backup, someone who anticipates they'll have to take down the rest of the SHIELD team.  Almost nearly certain this is going to be a rival SHIELD faction led by Edward James Olmos.  Perhaps this will be SWORD, and the rest of the season will be about the fight between SWORD and SHIELD.

Certainly the aliens are causing problems.  The Kree alien was a surprise in a lot of ways--first that he was Kree and not Asgardian, second that he was a pretty decent guy--his "This argument was going nowhere" move was hilarious--and third that as a pretty decent guy, he still thought Skye was an abomination.  This strikes me as an extreme attitude to take toward something his own people did.  I almost hope, given this take, that it turns out that the Inhumans are actually more volatile and destructive in this universe, so that his attitude here makes sense and doesn't just come across as "crazy intolerance ARGH!"

Sif was fun, as always, and her amnesia made things funnier.  Her plan of taking Skye to Asgard actually doesn't seem like a bad idea--at least, if Asgard wasn't currently under Loki's thumb.  It's essentially sending her to Xavier's school.  But her little speech to Coulson was curious.  It didn't seem to reference Mack and Bobbi.  It might possibly be referencing the Inhumans, but given that she only knew about Skye that seems odd..  I can't think of a way it references Age of Ultron.  The only things that might make sense are Ragnarok or the Infinity War.  In either case, this might have been the first teaser in a VERY long arc with AoS

The following users say thank you to Afalstein for this post:

Agent Grey, Director E, Faldang
March 11, 2015
4:11 am
Agent Grey

Level 2
Forum Posts: 21

Afalstein, what speech are you referencing? I don't remember. 

I noticed they put a fine point tonight again on how Mack and Bobbi felt when they discovered their friends were Hydra. This is the second time they've brought that idea up, and it made me wonder if that's the galvanizing force behind what they're doing now - maybe they are working for the government, trying to unearth the rest of SHIELD's secrets (Fury's toolbox) so that nothing like Hydra can ever grow in the shadows again. I do really like the idea of a rival SHIELD faction, though - it meshes well with Bobbi grilling Coulson about his leadership decisions in San Juan. And I think it seems un-coincidental that their secret is coming out in the same episode that's introducing Edward James Olmos' character. 

Maybe we we need to start a new thread with theories on this? Well, it seems like we will be finding out in two weeks anyway. They certainly can't keep it under wraps much longer; not with the way Mack just went postal on Hunter. 

The following users say thank you to Agent Grey for this post:

Director E
"A man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger." - Director Phil Coulson
March 11, 2015
5:50 am
agent wieland

that was an awesome show!!_damn you Mack!!!can't wait to see what happens next week!!!

March 11, 2015
7:00 am
Director E

Staff

Oh! I have a thought... maybe Mac & Bobbie are working for Talbot... or some other arm of the government who's upset about S.H.I.E.L.D. since the whole Hydra thing...

March 11, 2015
7:59 am
Agent Zaffie

Level 3
Forum Posts: 210

Has anyone else noticed that Sif looked... off? Like her face shape was different or something. And her hair was weird. Or was that just me?

Anyway. Skye is the shizzle, obvs, and I'm depressed that everyone's being awful. You would think that with all the aliens and weird antisocial geniuses and old-timey superheroes they have running around in their daily lives that they'd be more accepting or something, but I guess that wouldn't be dramatic or fun. I am enjoying this storyline, even if it's miserable. It will be interesting to see how it all resolves.

Sick of Mack the Mechanic and Bobbi though. I wish they'd get their stuff together. They kind of suck right now. Hunter's being a bit cute, Jemma's way too self-righteous, and Fitz is adorable.

Is that everyone? I kind of really liked Kree guy. He was fun. I do think it's cruel of them to rob him of all his memories, though. That's sort of like killing him. Nasty. (Although, come on, what do they expect if they wander around with memory-stealing sticks in their hands? What if they fall over or something? And land on the memory stick? Ugh silly.)

I feel like I had more observations, but I can't remember right now.

Oh, right, and for my pedantic observation of the evening... WHY DID BOBBI AND HUNTER HAVE SEPARATE SHEETS IN BED. Not even kidding. Who DOES that? Who gets into bed for a sexscapade with their partner and is like "whelp, better bring my own sheet in case cameras watch us afterwards and we need to cover up individually!" Also was I the only one who was really grossed out by Hunter just getting up and getting dressed? Ew. Go have a shower. Yucky. If they're going to make it all neat and sheet-covered afterwards and not be like "THEN EVERYONE SHOWERED" then they shouldn't set the scene by having people rolling and panting like that. The whole thing was just really uncomfortable. Also Bobbi's hair. How does she do that? Lessons from May?

Actually Skye's hair is also looking suspiciously perfect lately. I feel like the team is starting to share May's Magic Hairspray.

Except for Mack the Mechanic. He's forbidden from touching the hairspray again.

March 11, 2015
8:07 am
Agent K80

Level 4
Forum Posts: 1310

Agent Zaffie said

Except for Mack the Mechanic. He's forbidden from touching the hairspray again.

or the hairbrush

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 301

Currently Online: DashRendar
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: DashRendar
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today Gugol
Upcoming Scott McCall, StarOfCassiopeia, karilynn0408, Wern_R, SkyeRavy, AgentMabey, Agent Kurtenbach

Top Posters:

Agent K80: 1310

Agent Sullivan: 921

AgentFC: 874

Erynus: 361

Kat2107: 331

HaloHawk87: 216

Agent Zaffie: 210

Agent OxygenZero: 206

Agent.Natalia.Romanoff.112: 203

Agent Aeryn: 197

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 290

Members: 3718

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 58

Topics: 893

Newest Members: agent nics, agent nica, Gaige, Frank_Castle69, Sycamore Ken, AngelofShields, AgentEverdeen, ryanhicaiji, LaughsALot, Agent 79

Moderators: Commander James: 8

Administrators: Director E: 1861