Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series - Forum: 2:06 /forums/206 Simple:Press Version 5.5.4 Agent Karlsson on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p12507 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p12507 This episode got a lot better on a repeat viewing, even my wife watched the entire episode and she usually leaves before the first break. 

It is impossible to tell who of the Ward brothers are lying, but I get a feeling that they both are. Also it felt like Grant had lost some touch with reality with him think he was still a part of Coulsons team.

In Ragtag, when Garret and Grant first met, the dialog implies that the reason Ward is in prison is because he started a fire and maybe killed his brother. But in this episode it is implied that Thomas, the younger brother, is still alive. Which kinda make sense, since the berserker staff was making you relive your worst memory IIRC. Speaking of the Well, I discussed the episode with someone not long after it aired, and he thought that Grant was the bully in the flashback. 

]]>
Thu, 19 Feb 2015 07:59:58 -0500
AgentFC on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11124 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11124

Agent K80 said
Someone picked this up on a different forum
Avengers tower is missing from the New York skyline.. come on Marvel, who forgot to add it in?

Ah yes! I read about that in ScreenCrush’s (critical) review, but kept forgetting to mention it here. Perhaps because I haven’t been able to check it myself, so thanks K! Looks like the VFX team forgot about that…

]]>
Sat, 01 Nov 2014 20:17:50 -0400
Agent K80 on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11123 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11123 Someone picked this up on a different forum

Avengers tower is missing from the New York skyline.. come on Marvel, who forgot to add it in?
NY-scene.jpg

]]>
Sat, 01 Nov 2014 19:15:54 -0400
Hawkeye86 on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11098 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11098

Agent K said

Just had another thought - what's with the 0530 thing? Ward always wakes up at the same time?

It's supposed to show how ridiculously set Ward was in his pattern, even in a windowless room underground with no clock or alarm he still is able to wake up on his own at exactly the same time everyday.

And as for Talbot being impersonated again...I really doubt it, partially because I think it would be lazy writing especially with the episodes so close together. And it failed pretty badly the last time they did it so I can't see them trying it again so readily.

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:13:46 -0400
Erynus on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11096 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11096 And even if Talbot dodged the grenade, how come Scarlotti left him alive? Oh, yeah, all of you are right about Talbot. Bashki couldn't pull off a gambit like that, he don't have the intel nor the experience to inpersonate Talbot. It was a crazy idea...
That's why i think is Whitehall himself who took Talbot's place. A shapeshifting technology sound too much alien to me. Skrull anyone?

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 20:47:09 -0400
AgentFC on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11091 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11091

Agent K said
Just had another thought - what's with the 0530 thing? Ward always wakes up at the same time?

He knows his biological clock? Laugh I think he mentioned (to Fitz, season 1, when they were assigned field mission together) he has been in a situation where he had to rely on his surrounding to complete his mission.

meredithchandler73 said
I'm very curious what exactly Talbot knows about Grant Ward, what he told Senator Christian Ward he wouldn't mention. Perhaps just the simple fact that Grant Ward was a member of SHIELD, which is now considered a terrorist organization. It couldn't have been anything about their childhood, could it? I would imagine that the records about Grant having been in juvie for setting fire to his home with his brother in it must have been buried in some way before Christian Ward become a senator. If those records were easy to find, someone would have found them by now. Digging dirt on senators is nothing new.

At the very least, Talbot knows Ward is Hydra. In season 1 (when Maria Hill brought him to the Playground), Coulson and the others (Trip, Simmons, Fitz) desperately inform him that, cause he took Skye with him after killing Koenig Smile

But yeah, probably not about the childhood or any personal event between the Wards. Not sure anyone can dig private stuffs like that, unless the Wards posted them on Facebook or Twitter LOL.

meredithchandler73 said
By the way, I like the possible connections to Agent Carter that have popped up so far. Reverse easter eggs? /wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

I'm positive there will be links between both shows. I recall the showrunners had said something about that in the interviews

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:00:46 -0400
Agent K on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11088 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11088 Just had another thought - what's with the 0530 thing? Ward always wakes up at the same time?

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 18:04:32 -0400
meredithchandler73 on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11086 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-3#p11086

AgentFC said
Bakshi disguising as Talbot again would be a nice twist, which explains why he suddenly shook hand with May, and why Bakshi was absent last episode.

I do however think the other way, that Talbot was intentionally left alive so that he could stir more heat against SHIELD, which was the goal of that raid on the UN. As for him showing respect for May, it’s obvious Talbot is actually a good guy, just a bit stubborn (and an as*hole). As annoying as he is, he’s still a General and knows how it feels to lose soldiers, that’s probably why he showed sympathy towards May.

In the end of season 1, it was the government who apprehended Grant Ward. So it’s easy to assume that Talbot knows information about him because of that. Beside, I’m sure he finds it weird that a Senator suddenly have interest about SHIELD and even go to lengths to fund his team. So Talbot must have did some digging himself to see possible connections (I know I’d do that). Which further makes me think that the Talbot we saw was the real man after all, considering Whitehall and Bakshi possibly have no idea about Grant Ward’s existence since he was basically loyal to Garret, not to Hydra. Whitehall seems like pure Hydra, not a part of SHIELD.

The part with Ward knowing about Skye’s father was a bit puzzling as well, though there are 2 possible reason about this:
– There was more conversation between him and Raina behind the scene.
– He’s just twisting information to get Skye’s attention and trust. He could be lying all along, right? Tbh, I totally can’t trust a guy who kept assuring that he’s telling the truth, especially when he’s a proven master in deceiving others.

It is possible that Bakshi was disguised as Talbot again, but that seems like a HUGE risk. Bakshi obviously didn't know everything about Talbot because when Coulson met him at the party, he had no idea who he was or what was happening. He just had to play along. It seemed a safe bet that an American general wouldn't be mingling with too many people he knew at a fundraiser in Miami for a burnt down church. But being at the UN? Talbot would be running into tons of people he has known for years. I highly doubt Bakshi could successfully pull it off. And Talbot isn't evil - he is single-minded in rooting out the bad guys - but he has been convinced that most of SHIELD are bad guys due to the HYDRA infiltration. I think it is plausible that Senator Ward's speech explaining that SHIELD and HYDRA are different has finally sunk in for Talbot, and he treats May with the respect of a fellow soldier trying to do the right thing.

I'm very curious what exactly Talbot knows about Grant Ward, what he told Senator Christian Ward he wouldn't mention. Perhaps just the simple fact that Grant Ward was a member of SHIELD, which is now considered a terrorist organization. It couldn't have been anything about their childhood, could it? I would imagine that the records about Grant having been in juvie for setting fire to his home with his brother in it must have been buried in some way before Christian Ward become a senator. If those records were easy to find, someone would have found them by now. Digging dirt on senators is nothing new.

I, too, find Grant's protestations of telling the truth very suspect. (Methinks he doth protest too much!)

I love having so many great characters, but then it becomes hard to put focus on all of them. I'm intrigued by the Ward brothers and trying to find the truth (if there is any) amongst the lies, but I'm more interested in how the rift between Fitz and Simmons will be healed, backstory on Mack, Tripp and Bobbi, the full story about Bahrain/The Cavalry, and what's happening to Coulson/the mystery of alien writing.

By the way, I like the possible connections to Agent Carter that have popped up so far. We know from the season 2 opener that Whitehall was part of that time period and interacted with Agent Carter. And the obelisk (The Diviner) was found in that time period, too. Coulson was looking at files (thru his "Toolbox" cube) in ep 2 (Heavy Is The Head) and there was a file/pic of Agent Carter that popped up. We know Tripp's grandfather was a Howling Commando, so it seems crazy not to have that connection on Agent Carter. In the most recent ep, the splinter bombs were based on designs created by a HYDRA scientist in the 40s. That has to come up again, too. Reverse easter eggs? :)

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:48:32 -0400
Agent K on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11085 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11085 Just watched the episode and wondering...if they didn't want Ward to escape, why did they remove the cover from his head just before he went into the van?

As others have said, cuffs have been proven to be no obstacle to May.

Don't think Coulson trusts either Ward - but that he agreed to the 'transfer' to collect on the Senator's side of the bargain, without having to renege on his end of the 'deal'.

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:23:44 -0400
AgentFC on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11084 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11084

Agent Aeryn said

Hawkeye86 said

DashRendar said

Erynus said

What i want to know is how Talbot survived to that termite bomb (Splinter bomb?) that disintegrate anyone just by touching him. Either he was hit and then turn into ashes or didn’t and then don’t need a sling. Or maybe Talbot is dead and he is Bashki again.

I was wondering the same thing, the weapon was obviously thrown right at him. Either it hits him and he’s dead, or misses and he’s fine. Why was his arm in a sling?

He dodged it, fell and dislocated his shoulder.

On the other hand what Erynus said could explain why Talbot knew about Grant. Big Ward seemed quite surprised about Talbot knowing that little piece of family info.

Bakshi disguising as Talbot again would be a nice twist, which explains why he suddenly shook hand with May, and why Bakshi was absent last episode.

I do however think the other way, that Talbot was intentionally left alive so that he could stir more heat against SHIELD, which was the goal of that raid on the UN. As for him showing respect for May, it’s obvious Talbot is actually a good guy, just a bit stubborn (and an as*hole). As annoying as he is, he’s still a General and knows how it feels to lose soldiers, that’s probably why he showed sympathy towards May.

In the end of season 1, it was the government who apprehended Grant Ward. So it’s easy to assume that Talbot knows information about him because of that. Beside, I’m sure he finds it weird that a Senator suddenly have interest about SHIELD and even go to lengths to fund his team. So Talbot must have did some digging himself to see possible connections (I know I’d do that). Which further makes me think that the Talbot we saw was the real man after all, considering Whitehall and Bakshi possibly have no idea about Grant Ward’s existence since he was basically loyal to Garret, not to Hydra. Whitehall seems like pure Hydra, not a part of SHIELD.

The part with Ward knowing about Skye’s father was a bit puzzling as well, though there are 2 possible reason about this:
– There was more conversation between him and Raina behind the scene.
– He’s just twisting information to get Skye’s attention and trust. He could be lying all along, right? Tbh, I totally can’t trust a guy who kept assuring that he’s telling the truth, especially when he’s a proven master in deceiving others.

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:59:34 -0400
Agent Aeryn on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11080 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11080

meredithchandler73 said
I, too, find it hard to believe Coulson sent Ward on a secret mission. And the more I think about it, the more I believe that BOTH Ward brothers were lying in some way or another. It doesn't seem like Christian Ward is part of HYDRA, but you can have bad guys who aren't part of HYDRA. And I think it keeps it more interesting to have different possible threats rather than just one.

I agree with you on all counts :) But I think Christian is lying and hiding really nasty things and I think Ward's telling more like half truths. And more than one threat would keep it interesting.

And while Skye's father has brought the obelisk to Whitehall/HYDRA, I don't think they have formed a real partnership and could easily part ways if/when their goals aren't the same. (I can see Whitehall wanting to experiment on Skye, while her father would want to save her, of course.)

Well I think her father does need Skye and the Deviner toghter for a specific reason. And he tested it out on Raina, so maybe he wants to do a little experiment on Skye himself ? On the other hand Ward's explanation for Skye's father taking out all those in that village because he lost it sounds believable seeing how he reacted with Skye. I'm sorry for Skye her mom's dead (if what Ward says is true).One thing I don't get is if Skye's father could kill an entire village and all he wants is Skye why doesn't he approach her himself? Why did he need Raina to bring her to him? And why when Skye went to his lab alone didn't he grab the chance to reconnect with her? Many many questions :D

I don't think we've seen the last of Raina. SHIELD tagged her, so they can find her at any time. She doesn't seem to be of any use to Whitehall right now, so she is probably off his radar, but there are hints that she is something special ("What will I become?" she asked of Garrett) - maybe like Skye, maybe not.

Yes and I'm still wondering what happened with that thing Whithall put on her hand before.
About Raina, it seems Skye's father found er on the street and kind off raised her? Maybe her being special or the same "inside" as Skye does have to do with experimenting.

And the first time Ward mentioned Skye's father, I also wondered, "When the hell did he get that info?" All we saw Raina tell Ward was that she heard a story about a baby...and the parents were the monsters who destroyed a Chinese village. Raina hadn't even confirmed that the baby was Skye. So, did he really get more info from Raina about the father? Would Raina really have shared that info with Ward?

I had the same thing but it was sugested Raina could have told Ward off camera which is a possibility.
But there's a difference in that story. Raina says the parents were the monsters that destroyed that Chinese village, Ward says it was Skye's dad because he lost it after losing Skye's mom and Skye.
Also Ward said he could bring Skye to her dad eventhough Skye told him Raina was gone.

Ahhh this show keeps me guessing...which I like !! :D

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:48:27 -0400
Agent Aeryn on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11078 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11078

Hawkeye86 said

DashRendar said

Erynus said

What i want to know is how Talbot survived to that termite bomb (Splinter bomb?) that disintegrate anyone just by touching him. Either he was hit and then turn into ashes or didn’t and then don’t need a sling. Or maybe Talbot is dead and he is Bashki again.

I was wondering the same thing, the weapon was obviously thrown right at him. Either it hits him and he's dead, or misses and he's fine. Why was his arm in a sling?

He dodged it, fell and dislocated his shoulder.

On the other hand what Erynus said could explain why Talbot knew about Grant. Big Ward seemed quite surprised about Talbot knowing that little piece of family info.
Basicly we didn't actually see what happened and unless I missed it, it was never specificly mentioned.

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:10:16 -0400
meredithchandler73 on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11077 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11077

Agent Soraya said

I just think it would make more sense for Ward to become a true mercenary at this point rather than to try to endear himself to the team. He's just a lost puppy, looking for a handler, without one he's just a psychopath. No way Coulson gave him a 'secret' mission, he was livid when Ward even mentioned the idea of being on his team; it's more plausible they are gonna track him to the 'resources' he claims to have. I'm still wondering, how does he know so much about Skye's heritage? I thought Raina only gave him the general gist of things, like the story of the village. How did he find out it was really a HYDRA outpost? Did Garrett tell him at some point off-screen? Maybe Ward will kidnap and deliver Skye to her Dad, only for The Doctor to kill Ward for his troubles, just cuz he can. I'd lurve that. Now that InHumans has been announced as being at least 4-5 years out, I doubt Skye will turn out to be one, could we really wait that long to find out her origins?

I wonder when Deathlok will make an appearance since is out there on his own all 70s Bruce Banner style? Is Ward gonna try to be some allegedly good guy drifter going from town to town trying to find himself? Just the idea of that makes me itch.

I, too, find it hard to believe Coulson sent Ward on a secret mission. And the more I think about it, the more I believe that BOTH Ward brothers were lying in some way or another. It doesn't seem like Christian Ward is part of HYDRA, but you can have bad guys who aren't part of HYDRA. And I think it keeps it more interesting to have different possible threats rather than just one. And while Skye's father has brought the obelisk to Whitehall/HYDRA, I don't think they have formed a real partnership and could easily part ways if/when their goals aren't the same. (I can see Whitehall wanting to experiment on Skye, while her father would want to save her, of course.)

I don't think we've seen the last of Raina. SHIELD tagged her, so they can find her at any time. She doesn't seem to be of any use to Whitehall right now, so she is probably off his radar, but there are hints that she is something special ("What will I become?" she asked of Garrett) - maybe like Skye, maybe not.

And the first time Ward mentioned Skye's father, I also wondered, "When the hell did he get that info?" All we saw Raina tell Ward was that she heard a story about a baby...and the parents were the monsters who destroyed a Chinese village. Raina hadn't even confirmed that the baby was Skye. So, did he really get more info from Raina about the father? Would Raina really have shared that info with Ward?

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:23:44 -0400
AgentFC on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11067 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11067

AgentSkyeWard084 said
I have a question, are we still going to see a lot more of Hunter? He always says he’s keeping his options open and at the end of the episode it looks like his packed up and about to take off. But he is part of the main cast so I’m just wondering where he’s going and how much are we going to see him?

I actually thought he stayed with the team considering he was seen with May at the end of this episode…
Just realized that he’s not present/credited for episode 7 /wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif

Perhaps they are simply giving him excuse to take the week off, just like Bakshi and Whitehall? Which explains why I think Nick Blood did tweet something about going back to UK. I’m sure he’ll be back eventually, though if they follow the route of the comic, he might end up in London after all /wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 02:43:07 -0400
AgentSkyeWard084 on Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11065 2:06 /forums/206/episode-206-review-discussion/page-2#p11065 I have a question, are we still going to see a lot more of Hunter? He always says he's keeping his options open and at the end of the episode it looks like his packed up and about to take off. But he is part of the main cast so I'm just wondering where he's going and how much are we going to see him?

]]>
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 02:18:38 -0400