Follow us on:
Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Tumblr Friend me on Facebook Add me to your circles
Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Pinterest Watch me on YouTube RSS Feed

Episode 2:06 Spoilers & Speculation | 2:06 | Community Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Episode 2:06 Spoilers & Speculation
October 1, 2014
7:47 pm
Director E

Staff
Forum Posts: 1894

Episode 2:06 - A Fractured House

Air Date: October 28, 2014

View the Wiki Page

Summary: TBA

Writers: TBA

Director: TBA

Main Cast:

• Clark Gregg – Phil Coulson
  • Ming-Na Wen – Melinda May
  • Brett Dalton – Grant Ward
  • Iain De Caestecker – Leo Fitz
  • Elizabeth Henstridge – Jemma Simmons
  • Chloe Bennet – Skye
  • Nick Blood as Lance Hunter

Guest Cast:

• Tim Dekay - Senator Christian Ward

Director E. aka SHIELDtv.net Administrator and according to Clark Gregg, I'm Level 8!

October 1, 2014
4:41 pm
Agent K80

Level 4
Forum Posts: 1361

Senator Christian Ward has been cast

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/ag.....ve-2014-10

Shield fans, prepare to meet the man who helped shape Grant Ward (Brett Dalton) into a HYDRA traitor. Zap2it can exclusively reveal that viewers will be introduced to Sen. Christian Ward, Grant's abusive older brother, in Season 2, episode 6, "A Fractured House." Better yet, the elder Ward will be played by White Collar star Tim DeKay.Could Christian be the "senator with deep pockets" Gen. Glenn Talbot (Adrian Pasdar) was referring to in Tuesday's (Sept. 30) episode, Heavy in the heard? It certainly seems likely, but if so, why is he anti-SHIELD and anti-Coulson? Is he trying to get to Ward, or does he have an even more nefarious purpose? Certainly Christian can't be a good guy.

Back in Season 1, Grant opened up to Skye (Chloe Bennet) by telling her terrible childhood stories about his older brother. Christian would frequently force Grant to beat up their younger brother against his wishes. In one specific instance, Christian pushed their younger brother into a well and wouldn't let Grant save him.

The relationship between the two brothers reached a breaking point when Grant burned down his parents' home, and Christian was inside. Christian survived but pressed charges, which is how Grant ended up at the juvenile detention facility where HYDRA/SHIELD double agent John Garrett recruited him. In other words, Christian all but pushed an emotionally unstable Grant into HYDRA and Garrett's clutches.

Following the reveal of Grant's HYDRA affiliations in Season 1, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) has been using him for information in Season 2 -- and Ward has seemed like a willing participant if it means he gets to talk to Skye. But Ward remains an unstable mess, so any storyline that brings his older brother into the fray again likely doesn't bode well, especially since Dalton tellsZap2it that Ward is trying to figure out who he is without Garrett as his father figure.
"He's thinking about all the bad things he's done," Dalton says of Ward being in solitary confinement. "When you're in captivity like that, you're forced to deal with all of the questions that are swimming around in your head. You can't avoid them. It's just you in that room. I think that he has a lot to answer for, so I think that he's probably there with a lot of voices in his head."

DeKay is best known for his role as Peter Burke on USA's hit series "White Collar," which premieres its last six episodes on Nov. 6. He also has made guest appearances on "Body of Proof," "Hot in Cleveland" and "Chuck."

The following users say thank you to Agent K80 for this post:

AgentSkyeWard084
October 1, 2014
4:45 pm
Agent K80

Level 4

I thought Ward's brother's name was Maynard in a previous episode.. anyway, there is a Senator Stewart Ward in the comics with ties to Hydra... could be a variation on him

http://www.comicvine.com/stewa.....005-13727/

October 1, 2014
6:59 pm
AgentFC

Level 4
Forum Posts: 916

Agent K80 said
I thought Ward's brother's name was Maynard in a previous episode.. anyway, there is a Senator Stewart Ward in the comics with ties to Hydra... could be a variation on him

I didn't remember the name Maynard in which episode, but I do recall that name somewhere. Is that his other brother? He has 2 of them right, the one who told him to be abusive, and the one he was forced to abuse?

Wow, there's a Ward in the comic after all? That's not surprising... 

*EDIT* 

Now that we have an official title for the 6th episode, I think it's time to open the thread for episode 6, don't you think so E? Smile

October 1, 2014
8:45 pm
AgentFC

Level 4

"Fractured House" > Ward's house? or the Government? Hmmm...

October 1, 2014
9:21 pm
Hawkeye86
NY

Level 3
Forum Posts: 205

Maynard was the name listed in the credits I believe, but it was never said out loud in the episode. So either they just decided to change the name, or one is his first name and the other his middle name.

October 2, 2014
3:06 am
Kat2107

Level 3
Forum Posts: 331

Hawkeye86 said
Maynard was the name listed in the credits I believe, but it was never said out loud in the episode. So either they just decided to change the name, or one is his first name and the other his middle name.

It was in the credits, yes

October 2, 2014
7:17 am
Agent K80

Level 4

There is a 20 year age difference between the actors playing the brothers in real life.. dont think they will be going for the same difference in the series, since the kids in the flashback scene didnt seem to have an age difference of over 5-8 years..

October 2, 2014
9:24 am
Agent Sullivan
Missouri, USA

Level 4
Forum Posts: 927

Agent K80 said
There is a 20 year age difference between the actors playing the brothers in real life.. dont think they will be going for the same difference in the series, since the kids in the flashback scene didnt seem to have an age difference of over 5-8 years..

Yeah, age in TV vs. age in real life can be quite drastic!  (Think of how many 20 and 30 year olds play high schoolers...)  I do think with his age he'll have to be the "mean" older brother.  

...but given the storyies Grant Ward has told about his brother you'll have to tune in to find out what he's really like.

I'm very interested to see what his side of the story is.  Afterall, Ward has been lying for a living... (Then again, being a Senator, he does that himself. lol)

"We're the line between the world and the much weirder world. We protect people from news they aren't ready to hear. And when we can't do that, we keep them safe."

October 2, 2014
10:07 am
Kat2107

Level 3
Forum Posts: 331

Also remember: The flachbacks we saw in "The Well" were not a lie. Those were actually Ward´s memories

October 2, 2014
12:40 pm
Agent Sullivan
Missouri, USA

Level 4

Looks like he's Senator of the Ward's home state of Massachusetts:

(Either Elizabeth Warren or Ed Markey are out of a job).

The following users say thank you to Agent Sullivan for this post:

AgentFC

"We're the line between the world and the much weirder world. We protect people from news they aren't ready to hear. And when we can't do that, we keep them safe."

October 2, 2014
12:46 pm
Azure

Level 1
Forum Posts: 8

My money's on "Ward's father". :)

October 2, 2014
1:02 pm
Agent Sullivan
Missouri, USA

Level 4

Azure said

Given their age difference alone, I would say you are right. But the Marvel article specifically says:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Introduces Grant Ward's Brother

Tim DeKay to debut as the ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent's brother in an upcoming episode!

Since last season's episode "The Well," fans have wondered about Grant Ward's brother, but this season you'll officially get to meet him as Tim DeKay of "White Collar" makes his debut as Senator Christian Ward in "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."!

October 2, 2014
5:19 pm
AgentFC

Level 4

Agent Sullivan said
Looks like he's Senator of the Ward's home state of Massachusetts

Nice catch!

Azure said

I thought the same thing when the age difference was brought up, but what Sullivan said, Marvel already officially mentioned 'brother'. Sorry about your money then... Wink

October 3, 2014
12:47 am
Azure

Level 1
Forum Posts: 8

AgentFC said

Agent Sullivan said
Looks like he's Senator of the Ward's home state of Massachusetts

Nice catch!

Azure said

I thought the same thing when the age difference was brought up, but what Sullivan said, Marvel already officially mentioned 'brother'. Sorry about your money then... Wink

Yeah I missed the official mention.  Good thing I hadn't put anything down.  Zero's still a number. ;)

October 3, 2014
6:32 am
Agent K80

Level 4

Agent Sullivan said

Maybe they were HYDRA loyalists

October 3, 2014
9:31 am
Agent Sullivan
Missouri, USA

Level 4

Agent K80 said

Agent Sullivan said

Maybe they were HYDRA loyalists

It's been quite the tumultuous year or two for the US government in this universe:  

VP Rodriquez removed from office for letting AIM/Ten Rings kidnap and try to murder President Ellis,
Senator Stern of Pennsylvania was arrested for being Hydra—and who knows if there were any others,
and of course the whole Secretary Piece and the Hydra Uprising fiasco.  

It will be very interesting to see what Sen Ward is like!

October 3, 2014
2:20 pm
AgentFC

Level 4

Agent Sullivan said
It's been quite the tumultuous year or two for the US government in this universe:  

VP Rodriquez removed from office for letting AIM/Ten Rings kidnap and try to murder President Ellis,
Senator Stern of Pennsylvania was arrested for being Hydra—and who knows if there were any others,
and of course the whole Secretary Piece and the Hydra Uprising fiasco.  

It will be very interesting to see what Sen Ward is like!

Hence the title Fractured House?

Azure said
Zero's still a number. ;)

Hahaha you're totally right! Laugh

The following users say thank you to AgentFC for this post:

Agent Sullivan
October 3, 2014
6:50 pm
gerrym51

Level 2
Forum Posts: 92

so here is my speculation. I'm probably wrong.

Wards parents are HYDRA. Ward does not know this. They tried to mold Ward to join the family business. The older brother bought the 'kool-aid'. Ward did not.

So when Ward rebelled they manuvered him into jail.  When the only option was jail or Garrett Ward took Garrett.Then Garrett was given the task to mold Ward to eventually become Hydra.

Garrett was only partially successful. Ward was loyal to Garrett but not Hydra.

It's the only way Ward's story makes any sense to me.

The following users say thank you to gerrym51 for this post:

Agent Aeryn
October 7, 2014
1:51 pm
Agent Sullivan
Missouri, USA

Level 4

gerrym51 said
so here is my speculation. I'm probably wrong.

Wards parents are HYDRA. Ward does not know this. They tried to mold Ward to join the family business. The older brother bought the 'kool-aid'. Ward did not.

So when Ward rebelled they manuvered him into jail.  When the only option was jail or Garrett Ward took Garrett.Then Garrett was given the task to mold Ward to eventually become Hydra.

Garrett was only partially successful. Ward was loyal to Garrett but not Hydra.

It's the only way Ward's story makes any sense to me.

I think you might be onto something with the "family business" idea.

Back in 1.16 End of the Beginning Triplett made a comment about Ward's family being "the cable version of the Kennedy's".  JFK's father pushed him and his brothers very hard to be very visible in politics, getting JFK elected President.  In 2.03 Making Friends Skye says to Ward "We all know who your family is, Ward. Not only are they respected, they're pretty much loved." Ward: "Well, every family has it's secrets."  I think Papa Ward will be in politics himself, and pushed Christian and Grant to be as well.  Christian/Maynard took out the pressure on Grant and their little brother.  Maybe Christian even went so far as to make Ward do bad things as a way to find some control in his life.  Grant described his parents as "much worse" because they pushed him, (and what person hasn't said/thought their parents were "horrible" because we didn't like something they did in our life?).

The following users say thank you to Agent Sullivan for this post:

Agent Aeryn

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 301

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Cyborganna, tweekiepoo, Agent Flynn, AgentDarin

Top Posters:

Agent K80: 1361

Agent Sullivan: 927

AgentFC: 916

Erynus: 374

Kat2107: 331

HaloHawk87: 220

Agent Aeryn: 219

Agent Zaffie: 216

Agent OxygenZero: 206

Hawkeye86: 205

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 297

Members: 3838

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 65

Topics: 910

Newest Members: EK, Ariana, GoonerShao, Qinshishuihan, Lightfinger Five, Yagami Crewman, Remy Labeau, Gambit, The Autumn Soldier, kaylahlinda3

Moderators: Commander James: 8

Administrators: Director E: 1894