Follow us on:
Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Tumblr Friend me on Facebook Add me to your circles
Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Pinterest Watch me on YouTube RSS Feed

Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion | Page 3 | 2:06 | Community Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Episode 2:06 Review & Discussion
October 31, 2014
5:48 pm
meredithchandler73

Level 2
Forum Posts: 14

AgentFC said
Bakshi disguising as Talbot again would be a nice twist, which explains why he suddenly shook hand with May, and why Bakshi was absent last episode.

I do however think the other way, that Talbot was intentionally left alive so that he could stir more heat against SHIELD, which was the goal of that raid on the UN. As for him showing respect for May, it’s obvious Talbot is actually a good guy, just a bit stubborn (and an as*hole). As annoying as he is, he’s still a General and knows how it feels to lose soldiers, that’s probably why he showed sympathy towards May.

In the end of season 1, it was the government who apprehended Grant Ward. So it’s easy to assume that Talbot knows information about him because of that. Beside, I’m sure he finds it weird that a Senator suddenly have interest about SHIELD and even go to lengths to fund his team. So Talbot must have did some digging himself to see possible connections (I know I’d do that). Which further makes me think that the Talbot we saw was the real man after all, considering Whitehall and Bakshi possibly have no idea about Grant Ward’s existence since he was basically loyal to Garret, not to Hydra. Whitehall seems like pure Hydra, not a part of SHIELD.

The part with Ward knowing about Skye’s father was a bit puzzling as well, though there are 2 possible reason about this:
– There was more conversation between him and Raina behind the scene.
– He’s just twisting information to get Skye’s attention and trust. He could be lying all along, right? Tbh, I totally can’t trust a guy who kept assuring that he’s telling the truth, especially when he’s a proven master in deceiving others.

It is possible that Bakshi was disguised as Talbot again, but that seems like a HUGE risk. Bakshi obviously didn’t know everything about Talbot because when Coulson met him at the party, he had no idea who he was or what was happening. He just had to play along. It seemed a safe bet that an American general wouldn’t be mingling with too many people he knew at a fundraiser in Miami for a burnt down church. But being at the UN? Talbot would be running into tons of people he has known for years. I highly doubt Bakshi could successfully pull it off. And Talbot isn’t evil – he is single-minded in rooting out the bad guys – but he has been convinced that most of SHIELD are bad guys due to the HYDRA infiltration. I think it is plausible that Senator Ward’s speech explaining that SHIELD and HYDRA are different has finally sunk in for Talbot, and he treats May with the respect of a fellow soldier trying to do the right thing.

I’m very curious what exactly Talbot knows about Grant Ward, what he told Senator Christian Ward he wouldn’t mention. Perhaps just the simple fact that Grant Ward was a member of SHIELD, which is now considered a terrorist organization. It couldn’t have been anything about their childhood, could it? I would imagine that the records about Grant having been in juvie for setting fire to his home with his brother in it must have been buried in some way before Christian Ward become a senator. If those records were easy to find, someone would have found them by now. Digging dirt on senators is nothing new.

I, too, find Grant’s protestations of telling the truth very suspect. (Methinks he doth protest too much!)

I love having so many great characters, but then it becomes hard to put focus on all of them. I’m intrigued by the Ward brothers and trying to find the truth (if there is any) amongst the lies, but I’m more interested in how the rift between Fitz and Simmons will be healed, backstory on Mack, Tripp and Bobbi, the full story about Bahrain/The Cavalry, and what’s happening to Coulson/the mystery of alien writing.

By the way, I like the possible connections to Agent Carter that have popped up so far. We know from the season 2 opener that Whitehall was part of that time period and interacted with Agent Carter. And the obelisk (The Diviner) was found in that time period, too. Coulson was looking at files (thru his “Toolbox” cube) in ep 2 (Heavy Is The Head) and there was a file/pic of Agent Carter that popped up. We know Tripp’s grandfather was a Howling Commando, so it seems crazy not to have that connection on Agent Carter. In the most recent ep, the splinter bombs were based on designs created by a HYDRA scientist in the 40s. That has to come up again, too. Reverse easter eggs? :)

October 31, 2014
6:04 pm
Agent K
Out

Level 2
Forum Posts: 45

Just had another thought – what’s with the 0530 thing? Ward always wakes up at the same time?

October 31, 2014
7:00 pm
AgentFC

Level 4
Forum Posts: 598

Agent K said
Just had another thought – what’s with the 0530 thing? Ward always wakes up at the same time?

He knows his biological clock? Laugh I think he mentioned (to Fitz, season 1, when they were assigned field mission together) he has been in a situation where he had to rely on his surrounding to complete his mission.

meredithchandler73 said
I’m very curious what exactly Talbot knows about Grant Ward, what he told Senator Christian Ward he wouldn’t mention. Perhaps just the simple fact that Grant Ward was a member of SHIELD, which is now considered a terrorist organization. It couldn’t have been anything about their childhood, could it? I would imagine that the records about Grant having been in juvie for setting fire to his home with his brother in it must have been buried in some way before Christian Ward become a senator. If those records were easy to find, someone would have found them by now. Digging dirt on senators is nothing new.

At the very least, Talbot knows Ward is Hydra. In season 1 (when Maria Hill brought him to the Playground), Coulson and the others (Trip, Simmons, Fitz) desperately inform him that, cause he took Skye with him after killing Koenig Smile

But yeah, probably not about the childhood or any personal event between the Wards. Not sure anyone can dig private stuffs like that, unless the Wards posted them on Facebook or Twitter LOL.

meredithchandler73 said
By the way, I like the possible connections to Agent Carter that have popped up so far. Reverse easter eggs? /wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

I’m positive there will be links between both shows. I recall the showrunners had said something about that in the interviews

The following users say thank you to AgentFC for this post:

Agent Aeryn, Faldang
October 31, 2014
8:47 pm
Erynus
Madrid, Spain

Level 3
Forum Posts: 340

And even if Talbot dodged the grenade, how come Scarlotti left him alive? Oh, yeah, all of you are right about Talbot. Bashki couldn’t pull off a gambit like that, he don’t have the intel nor the experience to inpersonate Talbot. It was a crazy idea…
That’s why i think is Whitehall himself who took Talbot’s place. A shapeshifting technology sound too much alien to me. Skrull anyone?

“Time to grow up, kid — time to stop playin’ pretty girl and face some hard facts. There are questions you will not get answers to. There are things going on that you do not get to know about. And rest assured, I will never slip up in case you feel like bein’ coy.” -Colonel Nicholas J. Fury.
October 31, 2014
9:13 pm
Hawkeye86
NY

Level 2
Forum Posts: 97

Agent K said

It’s supposed to show how ridiculously set Ward was in his pattern, even in a windowless room underground with no clock or alarm he still is able to wake up on his own at exactly the same time everyday.

And as for Talbot being impersonated again…I really doubt it, partially because I think it would be lazy writing especially with the episodes so close together. And it failed pretty badly the last time they did it so I can’t see them trying it again so readily.

The following users say thank you to Hawkeye86 for this post:

Agent Aeryn, Faldang, weapon_hunter
November 1, 2014
7:15 pm
Agent K80

Level 4
Forum Posts: 1008

Someone picked this up on a different forum

Avengers tower is missing from the New York skyline.. come on Marvel, who forgot to add it in?
NY-scene.jpg

The following users say thank you to Agent K80 for this post:

Agent Aeryn, AgentSkyeWard084, Faldang, weapon_hunter
November 1, 2014
8:17 pm
AgentFC

Level 4
Forum Posts: 598

Agent K80 said
Someone picked this up on a different forum
Avengers tower is missing from the New York skyline.. come on Marvel, who forgot to add it in?

Ah yes! I read about that in ScreenCrush’s (critical) review, but kept forgetting to mention it here. Perhaps because I haven’t been able to check it myself, so thanks K! Looks like the VFX team forgot about that…

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 301

Currently Online: dtape, GDAWG
23 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today Deadpool1268
Upcoming IrisGirl, Agent_Banner, Agent Tristan12, Chevron, DevonNite, Agent Beckett, Miki, Ruddy Christian, Makayla

Top Posters:

Agent K80: 1008

Agent Sullivan: 785

AgentFC: 598

Erynus: 340

Kat2107: 330

Agent OxygenZero: 206

Agent.Natalia.Romanoff.112: 203

HaloHawk87: 202

Agent Zaffie: 195

dtape: 175

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 273

Members: 3253

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 43

Topics: 838

Newest Members: AgentCC, Hail_Hydra, wangshuai, AgentMichaela1994, Agent Millar, Agent616, manu_manphred, Nebula1400, mamarayray_1444, OHHenry992

Moderators: Commander James: 8

Administrators: Director E: 1756