Spoiler: Will Thor: The Dark World Affect S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Thor SHIELDAgents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will get its second major tie in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Phase Two films on November 19th with the episode entitled ‘The Well’.

From Marvel’s press release:

“The Well” – In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World,” Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team, on Tuesday, November 19 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Guest starring Peter MacNicol as Professor Elliot Randolph, Michael Graziadei as Jakob Nystrom, Erin Way as Petra Larsen, Toby Wilson as Neils, Alex Neustaedter as Maynard and Sylvia Brindis as Elena.

“The Well” was written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Jonathan Frakes.

That’s right, not only does this upcoming episode deal with the repercussions of Thor 2, but the episode is also directed by Jonathan Frakes of Star Trek: The Next Generation fame. This isn’t Frakes’ first time playing in the Whedonverse as he also directed a second season episode of Dollhouse in 2009.

Thor: The Dark World opened in the UK and other territories on October 30th and will open in the US on November 8th.

Source: Marvel

About Agent Nyoshi

Page is a freelance comic book artist. She can be found on Twitter at @page_branson and on Tumblr. When not making comics, Page is the Co-Host of the Level 7 Access Podcast.

Comments

1. Still trying to talk the family into going to this. Love the SHIELD logo in the O in Thor. Is that on all the promo images, and I just didn’t notice until now, or that ‘shopped?

2. Director E says:

I added that logo for the purpose of the article :)

It’s a great movie, the family will love it. Lots of laughs (mostly in the second half)

3. The movie is great, and it would be awesome if Sif could have a cameo or more on S.H.I.E.L.D.

Come and support the idea at https://www.facebook.com/LadySifAgentofShield

4. Agent Breedwell says:

Love the article, especially the TNG tie in. Love that. “Direct it, Number 1.”

5. I’m happy about this news, hopefully it’ll also please all the people who want to see more tie-ins and such.

I got my ticket for the midnight showing of Thor:TDW, I can’t wait!

6. Sad truth: I know of at least one person who decided to call it quits with the series for that precise reason. They fear the tie-in episodes make this series little more than “an ancillary product”.

I believe that to be a mistake…but it’s theirs to make.

7. Agent Sullivan says:

Just got out of Thor, and Hubby and I have a theory on just what the team is involved with in a post-Thor world. I’ll hold off until more folks have gotten the chance to see it.

8. Director E says:

I have a theory also :D

9. Agent Creed says:

Looking at the movie,
    another threat not from earth.
    I’m sure SHIELD will make plans again and think of new ideas to protect the earth.
    Of course, every time there is a threat not from earth SHIELD will make new type of weapons and so on to protect earth from future threats. Phase 2 was there but they didn’t use it due to the Avengers, what will there be now? Phase 3 4 5 or higher? The bigger the threat, the more that come to earth, the higher the risk, the more ideas will come, and make our earths weapons and protection more advanced everytime from threats from other realms or planets.

10. I saw the Thor movie last night. I highly recommend it. I have a feeling all of us who have a guess as to what it is, have the same guess…. and if I’m right this will also be the punchline to a joke that began in The Avengers……well maybe punchline is not the exact right term but….

11. Agent Creed says:

Awesome,
    it is another clue to the Avengers 2 and it will all lead up to it too.
    Will Thor be in Age of Ultron too?

12. Omeagalomaniac says:

*Possible spoilers*

The creature that came to earth during the convergence is certainly a threat. Having had a taste of dark elf it’s only a matter of time before some humans get on the menu. and there could also be some weaponry from the other realms laying about.

13. Agent Creed says:

True,
    Also they might use Phase two or something to stop those threats again.
    Who knows, maybe Odin ( If he’s still alive, everyone is still wondering what happened to him) Comes to Earth with his Azguardian army and join with SHIELD and the earth super hero’s, Avengers and others so protect a big threat….Maybe Thanos or someone or something from those worlds and realms.

14. Agent Creed says:

“See the Agents deal with the fallout from Marvel’s Thor: THE DARK WORLD in this sneak peek from Tuesday’s all new Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

I got this off the official SHIELD group on Facebook.
    I’m trying to post the preview of it if anyone hasn’t seen it yet.
    If not then if anyone has facebook they can join the SHIELD official group there and watch it.