S.H.I.E.L.D. Secrets to be Revealed

For a television series based on an agency like S.H.I.E.L.D. it seems fitting that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. be shrouded in secrecy. It is close to 8 months since ABC announced they fast tracked a pilot order for the series and in those long months very little has actually been revealed.

We know the main cast includes Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge. We know the series is created by Joss Whedon along with Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. We know the series is set post-The Avengers and we know it is about the the “every day” people in a world of superheros… but that’s about it.

We were the first to reveal last month that actor J August Richards (Angel) is involved in the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot but beyond that closely guarded secret we get the distinct impression ABC and the creative geniuses behind S.H.I.E.L.D. are holding back much more.

There is little doubt we will learn more this Tuesday as ABC reveal their Fall schedules at the Upfronts and we may even be fortunate enough to see a clip or two but we want to hear your theories about what secrets you think (or would like) the S.H.I.E.L.D. team to be hiding!

Do you think there may be a secret cameo appearance from one or more of the Avengers, Jeremy Renner perhaps?  Do you think there is something huge and unexpected surrounding Agent Coulson’s “resurrection”?  Or perhaps there will be a non-Avengers surprise guest star like Nathan Fillion or Anna Torv!

Tell us in the comments below what S.H.I.E.L.D. secrets would blow your mind.

Director E is the primary founder of MarvelTV.org, SHIELDtv.net and AgentCarter.net

Comments

1. davidmello says:

I mentioned this before, but here’s how Coulson may come back: Extremis Light, or that serum in Iron Man 3 that will just repair his fatal injuries, but that’s it

2. It seems both Robert Downey Jr & Samuel L Jackson say they’re open to the idea of appearing in the show so maybe they have already appeared in the pilot but they’re keeping it a surprise!

3. AlyKat says:

I would love to see Jeremy Renner in a guest star spot. He got majorly shafted in the movie and I think he deserves a chance to shine and be a part of this. Especially since, as far as we know, he’s still a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. and therefore would be called in if they need him.

Plus, I mean, Black Widow is in “Cap2: Winter Soldier”, we need to see what Hawkeye is up to between movies too. It’s only fair and poor Hawk needs to stop being treated like a second rate kinda character when he’s just as important as the rest.

4. Im Just wondering if anyone has any clue whatsoever about when it starts to air ?

5. SHIELD Secrets: well lets see, they investigate the strange, the bizarre, the alien…I KNOW, SHIELD is actually an offshoot of TORCHWOOD!!!!! (Anyone who isn’t a DW fan, ignore this rely/post) “Outside the government, and beyond the police!!”Kiss

6. trickarrows says:

Director E said
    It will be mid September, probably the 17th.

…. it would be the best Birthday present if it was….

7. trickarrows says:

Its cool that Joss already has specific character arcs in mind, although im still a little bummed out that JAR isnt Cage…

8. irisgoddess says:

I’m hoping for the mysterious superhero to be not Luke Cage, but Patriot.

9. LdySHIELDarcher says: