Meet the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Writing Team

We announced recently that Castle writer Shalisha Francis had joined the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. writing team and now we have more news!

Marvel and ABC have put together an undoubtedly fantastic team consisting of some well developed talent who have been involved in many of our favorite shows. Executive Producer Maurissa Tancharoen shared via twitter today that the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. writing team consists of the following:

• Joss Whedon (The Avengers, Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • Jed Whedon (Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, Dollhouse)
  • Maurissa Tancharoen (Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, Dollhouse)
  • Jeff Bell (The Protector, Alias, Angel, The X-Files)
  • Paul Zbszewski (Hawaii Five-0, Lost)
  • Monica Breen (Revolution, Fringe, Lost, Alias)
  • Brent Fletcher (Spartacus: War of the Damned, Deception, Angel)
  • Lauren LeFranc (Hemlock Grove, Chuck)
  • Rafe Judkins (Hemlock Grove, Chuck)
  • Shalisha Francis (Castle)

Let us know what you think of the writing team in the comments below.

Director E is the primary founder of SHIELDtv.net , MarvelTV.org and AgentCarter.net

Comments

1. Eduardo Rapido says:

I’m very excited to see such a large group of talented writers working on the show. The combined resume of that crew reads like a list of shows you daren’t miss over the last 2 decades.
    It’s been so long coming…can’t wait to see it!!!

• The more Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse writers the better.

Angel especially resembles exactly what I expect S.H.I.E.L.D. to be.

Demonic incursions, alien tombs, celestial gods.

• Director E says:

I hope you’re not wanting it to be like Angel … Angel was very dark and … heavy. S.H.I.E.L.D. is much lighter in tone and a lot of fun

2. Jenny Taylor says:

Very excited! Pleased to see that the writers have some experience with joss whedon already, plus a personal favorite chuck! I know I am gonna love this show!

3. nathanm says:

What an excellent line-up of writers supporting Mr Whedon, especially the folks from Chuck and Castle. Combined with those other guys – All signs of a series that will fit perfectly into the Marvel Genre.
    I was looking forward to the show but now I can honestly say I can’t wait.

4. Her Name is Lola says:

Clearly, the show is in excellent hands.

5. Kenneth Taylor says:

like the team, but it needs more Ben Edlund

6. I’m absolutely loving the writing for the show, it’s wonderfully refreshing and shows the humor and wit that we’ve all come to expect and love of Joss Whedon et. al.

That being said – my ONLY critique is with the show completely ignoring other aspects of the Marvel Universe (IE: telepathy, telekinesis, magic). X-Men? Dr. Strange? Where do these other marvel characters/story lines play in S.H.I.E.L.D? Both have dealt with Fury and the like. Now I’m not sure how much licensing plays a part here, but I stifle a yell every time one of the character states “telepathy isn’t proven/powers aren’t common.”

I’m not expecting Xavier to wheel his way on scene, but at least an acknowledgement of the other super-powered heroes would quell my nerdy comic purism.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Sincerely,

a fan!

• Licensing has everything to do with it. They are legally unable to mention The X-Men or mutants or the like because those things are owned by Fox. Also, I realize this comment is old, but oh well.

7. The show has been picking up momentum. It has totally captured my attention. But my attention is dwindling. Because there are so many “teasing” aspects.

1. I suggest that you have cameo’s. Downey, Jackson, Ruffalo. Bringing in situation where these guys come in and “save the day”

2. This show has nothing really “super human” about it. Just well trained people.

I have to say though. The cameo of Jaimie Alexander was pretty cool.
    But let’s see some of the super heroes we all love.

8. I’m devastated with Agents Ward’s betrayal. Well done with your writing skills. You’ve got me mourning the loss of the Watd we knew and loved. I’m site many are enjoying the twist but I’m sorry. I loved that character so much I’m stepping away from Shield. Happy writing and good luck with all your projects :). But I’m not watching Shield anymore. See ya

• Director E says:

I can’t speak for the show because we’re just a fan site but I recommend you don’t give up yet! I’m sure there’s more to the betrayal than meets the eye! He could be under cover or temporarily brainwashed… We don’t know what’s really going on yet!!

Trackbacks

1. [...] The Seal Team Six Of Writing Staffs – Meet the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. writing team!!! [...]