IT’S OFFICIAL! ABC Announces S.H.I.E.L.D. Pickup!

official pickup

Ahead of the ABC Upfronts press meeting on Tuesday where an announcement was expected, ABC have officially announced today they have ordered Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to series! A promo for the series will air this Sunday night during the Once Upon a Time finale at 8pm on ABC.

S.H.I.E.L.D. cast photo

This comes as no great surprise after it was leaked yesterday that ABC would be airing a promo for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. during the season finale of Once Upon a Time on Sunday night.

The series will air on the ABC network this fall. Keep watching our site for more exciting details.

The new television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been in development since late last year and the pilot episode was filmed in January.  Joss Whedon along with Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen wrote the pilot and it was been revealed a few months ago that Joss Whedon has already started working on writing further episodes for the series.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is based around Agent Coulson and his team of highly trained Agents that tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown.  Coulson’s team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

An epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Director E is the primary founder of MarvelTV.org, SHIELDtv.net and AgentCarter.net

Comments

1. I knew it was coming but I’m still so very excited for this! The time-slot worries me a bit, but its better than the Thursday death-slot it could’ve been.

2. Crazy4Coulson says:

Now all we have to wait for is Sunday 4 the promo. It’s going to be nuts around here til then… and it’s going to be even more nuts after. Before that LETS PARTY PEOPLE. Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

3. HaloHawk87 says:

It’s great to hear that it was finally picked up, but the time-slot is terrible. I watch Sunday Night Football, so I will have to watch S.H.I.E.L.D. at a later time when it gets added to ABC.com. I may watch it live on occasion depending on what game is on. Putting it up against SNF was a terrible idea, and will hurt the ratings.

4. Director E says:

Any time slot is going to present problems.

5. Big Bad says:

Great! So it’s going to take the slot Once Upon a Time has now. It’s a good thing we won’t have to worry about The Walking Dead, at least. But what’s going to happen to OUAT? I can’t see it on at 9. Maybe they’ll put it on tuesdays.

6. SWEET. BTW, that second promo shot is awesome. The only downside is… I work Sunday nights! Q~Q

Oh, the agony! *Dramatic faint*

7. Agent Mommy says:

Doing the happy dance here!

That time slot will be trouble for us – the kids have school in the morning.  I guess I push back bedtime!  Or record it and watch Monday night.

I’m worrying about when to watch the SHIELD tv show – what a good problem to have!!  Whenever it is – we WILL be watching!

8. Taskmaster says:

Can’t wait!!!

9. Agent Shadow says:

I can’t believe it. This day is marked red in my calendar. It is wonderful to see Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) back in this suit and tie. Hope we will get this show in Germany. Let’s celebrate and have a big party.

10. Crossbones says:

Once Breaking Bad and Arrested Development and Dexter are done I’ll have Agent’s of S.H.I.E.L.D to watch! Cool

11. trickarrows says:

So excited!!! one of my favourite things combined with one of my favourite actors, and directed by an amazing director!

12. the_do_that_girl says:

Yay! I see that my going to bed last night resulted in ABC finally making the announcement.

Now all I need to know is when are the UK gonna get their hands on the show? Other than nefarious methods of course.

13. HaloHawk87 says:

If they go with the traditional 22 episode season, I will be able to watch the second half of the season live, which I’m looking forward to. I’ll probably end up watching most of the first half of the season on Monday or Tuesday nights on ABC.com or the ABC app on my new iPod touch, with a few live viewings sprinkled in depending on the SNF matchup.

I really like the cast photo. I’m using it as wallpaper.

14. Director E says:

If you’re in the UK you may get lucky. ABC releases their shows to UK iTunes the same day they air in the US!

15. trickarrows says:

… suddenly wishing i was in the UK

16. HaloHawk87 says:

I’m assuming the Sunday night time-slot for S.H.I.E.L.D. that was reported earlier was confused with the promo. Hopefully it will air on a weeknight after all. Sunday is the worst possible night. Wednesday night would be a problem too, due to Revolution getting moved to that day for season 2.

17. Director E says:

Yeah, someone on a reliable website to it wrong and mislead us! ;)