Follow us on:
Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Tumblr Friend me on Facebook Add me to your circles
Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Pinterest Watch me on YouTube RSS Feed

Episode 1:08 – Spoilers & Speculation | Ep 8 | Community Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Episode 1:08 – Spoilers & Speculation
Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
October 23, 2013
6:19 am
Director E

Staff
Forum Posts: 1886

Air Dates: November 12, 2013

Forums | Wiki Page

Summary: In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World," Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces--one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.

Writer: Monica Owusu-Breen

Director: Jonathan Frakes

Main Cast:

• Clark Gregg - Phil Coulson
  • Ming-Na Wen - Melinda May
  • Brett Dalton - Grant Ward
  • Iain De Caestecker - Leo Fitz
  • Elizabeth Henstridge - Jemma Simmons
  • Chloe Bennet - Skye

Other Cast:

• Peter MacNicol - Professor Elliot Randolph
  • Michael Graziadei - Jakob Nystrom
  • Erin Way - Petra Larsen
  • Toby Wilson - Neils
  • Alex Neustaedter - Maynard
  • Sylvia Brindis - Elena

Filming Locations:
Los Angeles

Location Setting:

Promo::

Episode Stills:

The Well (1) The Well (32) The Well (31) The Well (30) The Well (29) The Well (28) The Well (27) The Well (26) The Well (25) The Well (24) The Well (23) The Well (22) The Well (21) The Well (20) The Well (19) The Well (18) The Well (17) The Well (16) The Well (15) The Well (14) The Well (13) The Well (12) The Well (11) The Well (10) The Well (9) The Well (8) The Well (7) The Well (6) The Well (5) The Well (4) The Well (3) The Well (2)

Director E. aka SHIELDtv.net Administrator and according to Clark Gregg, I'm Level 8!

November 14, 2013
10:15 am
Agent OxygenZero

Level 3
Forum Posts: 206

sudden rage, or change in personality. aether?

November 14, 2013
7:54 pm
Agent Zaffie

Level 3
Forum Posts: 215

Agent OxygenZero said

Wasn't it all destroyed? There's a staff mentioned in the trailer a bunch but I don't recognise anything in the photos. Wondering if this is a clever ploy to get everyone to see Thor 2 again so that they can connect the dots, because I feel like I might have to do that :)

November 16, 2013
4:29 am
Agent OxygenZero

Level 3

Agent Zaffie said

Agent OxygenZero said

Wasn't it all destroyed? There's a staff mentioned in the trailer a bunch but I don't recognise anything in the photos. Wondering if this is a clever ploy to get everyone to see Thor 2 again so that they can connect the dots, because I feel like I might have to do that /wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

it was not destroyed but rather resealed. remember the after credits? there is a possibility that some of its powers have already corrupted some objects and/or beings before it was shut down. well i suggest watching the episode first before rewatching the film hahaha for it would be explained in the episode i guess. its a good thing that me and my friends would watch it again hahaha.

November 16, 2013
12:52 pm
Gamingboy

Level 2
Forum Posts: 20

The title of the episode is "The Well". In Norse Myth, it is said that there is a well at the end of each of the three roots of Yggradrasil: Mimir's Well, Uror's Well, and the Hvergelmir.

Mimir's is often said to head to be connected to Jotunheim (Ice Giants), but also is regarded as being a source of knowledge- Odin once sacrificed one of his eyes to drink from it.

Uror's is usually connected with fate and the Norns.

But the last one, Hvergelmir, is usually connected with Niflheim... and sometimes the Goddess Hel or Hela, daughter of Loki and, as the name suggests, the being that gives "Hell" it's name.

I'm guessing that evil staff shown in the previews comes from one of those wells... I'm guessing Hvergelmir/Niflheim, as the idea of Coulson having to fight people possessed by something from Loki's daughter's place is too poetic to pass up.

November 16, 2013
6:13 pm
Agent Zaffie

Level 3

Agent OxygenZero said

Agent Zaffie said

Agent OxygenZero said

Wasn't it all destroyed? There's a staff mentioned in the trailer a bunch but I don't recognise anything in the photos. Wondering if this is a clever ploy to get everyone to see Thor 2 again so that they can connect the dots, because I feel like I might have to do that /wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

it was not destroyed but rather resealed. remember the after credits? there is a possibility that some of its powers have already corrupted some objects and/or beings before it was shut down. well i suggest watching the episode first before rewatching the film hahaha for it would be explained in the episode i guess. its a good thing that me and my friends would watch it again hahaha.

Ohh you're right, clearly I'm an idiot. I guess this shows that I do need to watch it again, LOL, because I wasn't paying attention. I'm going with my sister's boyfriend the day before AoS anyway, so I'll try and focus instead of being distracted. *coughbyThor'sarmscough*

Gamingboy said

The title of the episode is "The Well". In Norse Myth, it is said that there is a well at the end of each of the three roots of Yggradrasil: Mimir's Well, Uror's Well, and the Hvergelmir.

Mimir's is often said to head to be connected to Jotunheim (Ice Giants), but also is regarded as being a source of knowledge- Odin once sacrificed one of his eyes to drink from it.

But the last one, Hvergelmir, is usually connected with Niflheim... and sometimes the Goddess Hel or Hela, daughter of Loki and, as the name suggests, the being that gives "Hell" it's name.

I'm guessing that evil staff shown in the previews comes from one of those wells... I'm guessing Hvergelmir/Niflheim, as the idea of Coulson having to fight people possessed by something from Loki's daughter's place is too poetic to pass up.

I've heard this theory bandied around a lot and it seems to make sense. Personally, though, I'd suspect them to use Mimir's Well if they used any (as in, specifically mentioned in the episode) because Jotunheim is far more well-known, having featured in both Thor movies. I suppose they could always explain something completely new in the episode - but the other question I have about this theory is; how does it actually tie in to Thor 2? It's connected to Thor as in Norse mythology, but the idea of the Wells doesn't seem to really have any connection to the storyline of The Dark World - again, unless they make up a tie and explain it in the episode. But that would kind of feel like a bit of a cheap cop-out to me, personally. I feel that you should be able to spot the connection in both Thor 2 and the episode, so let's see if that happens.

November 17, 2013
5:53 am
Agent Zaffie

Level 3

I feel really stupid when I post incessantly in a topic, but I'm trying to remind myself that's what forums are for. Right?

Anyway, just thought I'd point out that it's also worth noting that in Norse mythology, two of the three Wells (Mimir and Hvergelmir) are often referred to as springs. So technically the Well of Urd, or Uror's Well, is the most wellish of them all. Uh, yeah.

November 18, 2013
3:41 am
Agent Zimmer

Level 2
Forum Posts: 86

A Marvel Tv episode directed by William Riker.
I sense nerdgasm here.

not to mention that McNicol take parte. Oh how I hope for a wishpered "...viiiiiiigo..."

November 18, 2013
7:26 am
Agent OxygenZero

Level 3

Gamingboy said

But the last one, Hvergelmir, is usually connected with Niflheim… and sometimes the Goddess Hel or Hela, daughter of Loki and, as the name suggests, the being that gives "Hell" it's name.

I'm guessing that evil staff shown in the previews comes from one of those wells… I'm guessing Hvergelmir/Niflheim, as the idea of Coulson having to fight people possessed by something from Loki's daughter's place is too poetic to pass up.

how can that be when loki (at the movie) have no daughter yet?

and i agree with Agent Zaffie /wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif. well there could be a way tough, the birth of hella, i guess that can tie up with what gamingboy says and the movie at the same time

November 20, 2013
3:54 pm
Agent Zimmer

Level 2
Forum Posts: 86

wooohooooo I can hear the Skyeward fangirls heart broke up since hereeeeeeee *O*

November 22, 2013
6:04 am
schushoe
New England, USA

Level 1
Forum Posts: 4

NOOO I'm not a Skyeward fangirl, I'm a May/Coulson shipper! And yes I had a nerdgasm. Jonathan Frakes! AWESOME!

November 22, 2013
6:06 am
schushoe
New England, USA

Level 1
Forum Posts: 4

And I was super excited about Peter MacNichol. Long live the toad! (Will anyone get that reference?)

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 301

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today Agent Deenie
Upcoming marvelcomicman, iChad, Agent Kalliovski, Agent Jones, Hail_Hydra

Top Posters:

Agent K80: 1340

Agent Sullivan: 924

AgentFC: 897

Erynus: 368

Kat2107: 331

HaloHawk87: 219

Agent Zaffie: 215

Agent Aeryn: 210

Agent OxygenZero: 206

Agent.Natalia.Romanoff.112: 203

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 292

Members: 3807

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 65

Topics: 907

Newest Members: Agent Reaper, Rafael_RMoreira, Psicotic, Agent Paradox, agenthulk80, zak1237, the haker, Simplyloveyou, the_do_that_girl_UK, Anand

Moderators: Commander James: 8

Administrators: Director E: 1886