Follow us on:
Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Tumblr Friend me on Facebook Add me to your circles
Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Pinterest Watch me on YouTube RSS Feed

Episode 1:07 - Spoilers & Speculation | Ep 7 | Community Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Episode 1:07 - Spoilers & Speculation
Read the original blog post
Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
October 23, 2013
5:26 am
Director E

Staff
Forum Posts: 1878

Air Dates: November 12, 2013, January 28, 2014

Forums | Wiki Page

Summary: Dangerous secrets are being kept from Coulson's team, and he works the system to save Ward and Fitz when they are sent on a Level 8 classified mission that may end in tragedy.

Writers: Rafe Judkins, Lauren LeFranc

Director: Bobby Roth

Main Cast:

• Clark Gregg - Phil Coulson
  • Ming-Na Wen - Melinda May
  • Brett Dalton - Grant Ward
  • Iain De Caestecker - Leo Fitz
  • Elizabeth Henstridge - Jemma Simmons
  • Chloe Bennet - Skye

Other Cast:

• Maximiliano Hernandez - Agent Sitwell
  • Charles Halford - Agent Shaw
  • Alison White - Marta
  • Ilia Volok - Vladimi

Filming Locations :Los Angeles
Location Setting: Caucasus Mountains, South Ossetia

Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....P_PhE1yo2I

Episode Stills:
Episode 7 The Hub (1) Episode 7 The Hub (2) Episode 7 The Hub (17) Episode 7 The Hub (16) Episode 7 The Hub (15) Episode 7 The Hub (14) Episode 7 The Hub (13) Episode 7 The Hub (12) Episode 7 The Hub (11) Episode 7 The Hub (10) Episode 7 The Hub (9) Episode 7 The Hub (8) Episode 7 The Hub (7) Episode 7 The Hub (6) Episode 7 The Hub (5) Episode 7 The Hub (4) Episode 7 The Hub (3)

Director E. aka SHIELDtv.net Administrator and according to Clark Gregg, I'm Level 8!

October 24, 2013
6:22 am
Director E

Staff

With a title like "The Sandwich Incident" this has to be one on the humorous side right?

Director E. aka SHIELDtv.net Administrator and according to Clark Gregg, I'm Level 8!

October 24, 2013
11:06 am
Agent Sullivan
Missouri, USA

Level 4
Forum Posts: 924

Director E said

With a title like "The Sandwich Incident" this has to be one on the humorous side right?

What a title! I'm picturing Simmons fiddling with something the lab. Fitz (who likes to snack) mistakes an experiment for a sandwich ingredient (or isn't paying attention and grabs the wrong thing). The team then has to rush to save poor Dr. Fitz-y! And if 6 makes us cry then 7 needs to make us laugh. :)

"We're the line between the world and the much weirder world. We protect people from news they aren't ready to hear. And when we can't do that, we keep them safe."

October 24, 2013
1:10 pm
Agent OxygenZero

Level 3
Forum Posts: 206

Agent Sullivan said

Director E said

What a title! I'm picturing Simmons fiddling with something the lab. Fitz (who likes to snack) mistakes an experiment for a sandwich ingredient (or isn't paying attention and grabs the wrong thing). The team then has to rush to save poor Dr. Fitz-y! And if 6 makes us cry then 7 needs to make us laugh. /wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

or possibly a strategy or event gone wrong or awkward.

October 24, 2013
2:08 pm
Big Brother
Chicago, IL

Level 3
Forum Posts: 103

Or one of the several towns or islands called Sandwich is involved. In which case, puns galore will be forthcoming from all team members with the possible exception of Ward.

Big Brother is ALWAYS Watching...
October 24, 2013
5:53 pm
Azure

Level 1
Forum Posts: 8

So if we have a Sandwich Incident, does this mean we'll be due for *dramatic pause*

A SHAWARMA SHOWDOWN?

October 24, 2013
7:33 pm
Rose
Ireland

Level 2
Forum Posts: 88

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. Is this the episode they just revealed information about called "The Hub"??? Because ... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agent Sitwell appears! And the description... oh my god, I'm salivating and I haven't even seen this week's episode #5 yet.

It's blue skies from here on out.
October 25, 2013
7:59 am
Agent K
Out

Level 2
Forum Posts: 45

I'm still stuck on Level 8.... Thought they were 7?

October 25, 2013
10:01 am
Agent Sullivan
Missouri, USA

Level 4

Agent K said

I'm still stuck on Level 8.... Thought they were 7?

Hehehe, exactly! Back in The Consultant Agent Sitwell was Level 6 and unaware that was even a Level 7. Fast forward to now, we've got a team of newly Level 7 agents who have been put on a Level 8 mission. Of course, there's still the question to me whether there is really a Level 8 or if this is a "on a scale of 1 to 10 this is an 11" type of hyperbole. But I'm leaning towards a real level 8.

"We're the line between the world and the much weirder world. We protect people from news they aren't ready to hear. And when we can't do that, we keep them safe."

October 25, 2013
10:09 am
Agent K
Out

Level 2
Forum Posts: 45

So... Coulson was 7 then, is he 8 now? How does that work if half the team are 8 and the rest 7?

And wonder which dangerous secrets are being kept.... what really happened to Coulson?

Is there a scientific theory with the word sandwich? Like the way we have 'string theory'?

October 25, 2013
11:32 am
Agent Sullivan
Missouri, USA

Level 4

Agent K said

So... Coulson was 7 then, is he 8 now? How does that work if half the team are 8 and the rest 7?

And wonder which dangerous secrets are being kept.... what really happened to Coulson?

Is there a scientific theory with the word sandwich? Like the way we have 'string theory'?

As big as "Level 7" was in their marketing for the show I doubt that they'll make any of the team members Level 8. Sounds like they've been put in a need-to-know situation but won't permanently be needed the higher clearance.

October 25, 2013
2:53 pm
Agent Darque
Indianapolis

Level 3
Forum Posts: 170

In Avengers Coulson was either second or third in command of SHIELD. There is a little debate about which but my impression was that he was second. So that means all we have above him would be Fury and the Council. I suppose Fury could be 8 and the Council 9.

October 25, 2013
7:34 pm
Agent Breedwell

Level 2
Forum Posts: 16

Agent Darque said

In Avengers Coulson was either second or third in command of SHIELD. There is a little debate about which but my impression was that he was second. So that means all we have above him would be Fury and the Council. I suppose Fury could be 8 and the Council 9.

Was he? He was only one of the people we knew from the past that was involved with SHIELD. We don't necessarily have a laid out rank structure on it yet. Besides, if anything, Agent Maria Hill probably outranks Coulson, given as she's the Director's #1 Assistant.

We'll have new situations in Captain America 2 that lay out the real, BIG BUSINESS, side of SHIELD. Much more than we're seeing now.

This episode seems entertaining, but my only question is how long are they going to wait until they reveal what happened to Coulson/What he really is?

October 25, 2013
11:21 pm
Big Brother
Chicago, IL

Level 3
Forum Posts: 103

Agent Darque said

I always thought he was one of Fury's top agents, his go-to troubleshooter guy, but still just a field agent. Plenty of REMF's at HQ or on the helicarrier that outrank Coulson. The guy who runs Seal Team Six isn't second or third in command of the US Navy. Elliot Ness isn't second or third in command of the FBI. The NYPD's top homicide detective isn't second or third in command of the police department. If SHIELD has as much red tape and bureaucracy as seemed to be implied by that scene in the pilot with May and her Moat, Coulson as a top field agent isn't even in the top half of the org chart.

Big Brother is ALWAYS Watching...
October 26, 2013
12:52 am
Agent Darque
Indianapolis

Level 3
Forum Posts: 170

In Avengers Hill was acting like a First Officer on the Helicarrier. In an interview with her she said basically that Coulson outranks her but Hill kinda ignores that. There was an element of humor to the whole thing but that is about all the information we have to go by. So from that it seems to me Coulson is or was #2 with Hill #3.

In the comics SHIELD originally had 8 levels of access. Much later on that was expanded to 10. So hard to guess at what they are using on AoS. However given Joss' fondness for going with original stuff the 8 levels is not a bad bet.

October 26, 2013
6:27 am
wordsmith
Maryland

Level 1
Forum Posts: 3

From the description, I think that this episode will be related to the turmoil within SHIELD that is the focus of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Jasper Sitwell's involvement is a giveaway since he's in the movie. Major movie spoiler/speculation follows.

Rumor from the set of CA:TWS say that Sitwell has turned rogue and is a HYDRA agent. If that is indeed the case, perhaps he or whoever he's working for gives Coulson's team a deadly assignment hoping to eliminate them. In the film, turmoil within SHIELD leads to Fury being attacked in an attempted assassination. Coulson is close to Fury and Hill, so he would be considered the enemy by those inside the organization trying to depose Fury. Sitwell seems to be one of the bad guys and I'd assume that Victoria Hand is, as well, from her comic book history. So this episode could provide a tie-in to Captain America and explain how the AoS team fits into SHIELD's internal war.

October 26, 2013
7:14 am
Director E

Staff

All I can say is.. there's definitely a level 8 *points to signature* and that's all I'm saying :D

That and.. let's try and avoid unfounded rumors on this site... we really don't need to stoop to gossip :)

October 26, 2013
2:35 pm
wordsmith
Maryland

Level 1
Forum Posts: 3

Sorry. I won't post here again.

October 27, 2013
12:10 am
Director E

Staff

wordsmith said

Sorry. I won't post here again.

You're more than welcome here, just making you aware that we don't indulge in gossip here out of respect for those working on the show. While other sites are happy to post unfounded rumors just to stir up trouble, we don't.

November 2, 2013
10:57 pm
Rose
Ireland

Level 2
Forum Posts: 88

We have visual confirmation that Coulson is Level 8! http://www.seat42f.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/MARVELS-AGENTS-OF-SHIELD04.jpg

Check out Coulson's badge.

It's from stills released of The Hub. In retrospect, all we've ever had confirmed is that WARD was promoted to Level 7 in the pilot. There's nothing to say Coulson wasn't already Level 8 at the time. We've all just been assuming because of the now famous phrase making Coulson's comeback.

It's blue skies from here on out.
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 301

Currently Online: Hawkeye86
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Agent Deenie, Marsia, Rhalliwell, hesadopted, Spidy23, Jayatirth, agentmoore, ChaosEdwin, kertcide7, mohmangal

Top Posters:

Agent K80: 1330

Agent Sullivan: 924

AgentFC: 891

Erynus: 362

Kat2107: 331

HaloHawk87: 218

Agent Zaffie: 215

Agent OxygenZero: 206

Agent Aeryn: 204

Agent.Natalia.Romanoff.112: 203

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 290

Members: 3781

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 65

Topics: 908

Newest Members: sport12, lulusellers, lkjsdfie, Maeleana, geeky_shield_girl12, bane, msmouse, danielpf, space, Agent Swizzy

Moderators: Commander James: 8

Administrators: Director E: 1878