Episode 2:10 Review & Discussion | Page 3 | 2:10 | Community Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Episode 2:10 Review & Discussion
Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
December 11, 2014
12:51 pm
Erynus
Madrid, Spain

Level 3
Forum Posts: 399

Seems that i'm the only one to which this episode was anticlimactic.
Skye shooting Ward. Seems that May didn't teach her how to proper killing someone.
"What will she become?", "They will fear you, the transformation is fearsome" Nope, the same plain old Skye as always, she didn't even turned blue with a pointy tail.
"If the diviner gets to the temple we are all doomed!!!" Nope, just two people gained powers, like a bunch of other people around the world.
"Mr Hyde Vs. Whitehall" Nope, let's kill him off shooting him on the back (and Coulson complain that Loki did it to him)

I'm glad they separate Whitehall from the Kraken. It seems that HYDRA consist in Whitehall, Bakshi, agent 33 and mooks; such a powerfull organization...
I enjoyed Maclachlan's part, though, that man makes gold whenever appears on screen. And i'm wonder how much good could the Zodiac do mixed with inhumans.

"Time to grow up, kid -- time to stop playin' pretty girl and face some hard facts. There are questions you will not get answers to. There are things going on that you do not get to know about. And rest assured, I will never slip up in case you feel like bein' coy." -Colonel Nicholas J. Fury.
December 11, 2014
3:27 pm
AgentWhat

Level 1
Forum Posts: 5

Erynus said

Seems that i'm the only one to which this episode was anticlimactic.
Skye shooting Ward. Seems that May didn't teach her how to proper killing someone.
"What will she become?", "They will fear you, the transformation is fearsome" Nope, the same plain old Skye as always, she didn't even turned blue with a pointy tail.
"If the diviner gets to the temple we are all doomed!!!" Nope, just two people gained powers, like a bunch of other people around the world.
"Mr Hyde Vs. Whitehall" Nope, let's kill him off shooting him on the back (and Coulson complain that Loki did it to him)

I'm glad they separate Whitehall from the Kraken. It seems that HYDRA consist in Whitehall, Bakshi, agent 33 and mooks; such a powerfull organization...
I enjoyed Maclachlan's part, though, that man makes gold whenever appears on screen. And i'm wonder how much good could the Zodiac do mixed with inhumans.

I thought it was anticlimactic as well from all the articles and speculations being made. The shocking moment for me was Skye shooting Ward!! Since I ship SkyeWard, I attributed my shock to that. I thought it interesting that Ward and Agent 33 left together and really, once Tripp got caught in the chamber, I knew he was gonna die. I was hoping that he wouldn't because I really liked Tripp!

I also enjoyed Maclachlan's part also and hope we see plenty more of him.

I've figured that if I knew the comic history, I probably would have been blown away but alas!

December 11, 2014
7:23 pm
Potts

Level 2
Forum Posts: 34

I loved it and thought it set up mysteries for the rest of season 2 very nicely.

The following users say thank you to Potts for this post:

Faldang, Agent Aeryn
December 11, 2014
10:41 pm
katrina

Level 3
Forum Posts: 100

Afalstein said

Hey guys. Hope for Agent Tripp. This reddittor argues that he's not dead, he just turned into a ghost--an Inhuman named Hollow who is intangible, hence why his cocoon crumbled away.

Their argument is that most killed by the Diviner stay in one solid lump of stone, not crumble like that. Clearly we're seeing a cocoon like Skye and Raina, only we can't see his new form, because his powers (like Skye's) activated automatically.

I don't buy it myself (there was nothing in his history to suggest this, and it would rob the scene of a lot of import, I think the crumbling decision was done to show Skye's powers at work and also drive home that Tripp was dead) but it's a fun idea.

If my understanding of Skye's powers is correct I don't see how they were demonstrated just by the cocoon cracking. I mean if she can cause earthquakes wouldn't the reveal be more earthshaking than that?

December 11, 2014
11:17 pm
AgentFC

Level 4
Forum Posts: 965

Erynus said
“What will she become?”, “They will fear you, the transformation is fearsome” Nope, the same plain old Skye as always, she didn’t even turned blue with a pointy tail.

Well, not all Inhuman gain massive physical changes, especially those who are half-breed (one example that immediately crossed my mind would be Luna, daughter of no-longer-mutant Quicksilver & inhuman Crystal). As for Daisy, it’s heavily implied by Cal that only her mother is Inhuman. Cal himself only stated that his wife is the one with ‘gift’.

katrina said
If my understanding of Skye’s powers is correct I don’t see how they were demonstrated just by the cocoon cracking. I mean if she can cause earthquakes wouldn’t the reveal be more earthshaking than that?

“Earthquake” is just a quick and easy term to describe Daisy’s power. Her actual ability though, is creating powerful waves of vibration. She showcased that power by shattering her cocoon with vibration, but that’s probably just a minor doze of the power Wink.

As for cracking cocoon: every Inhuman who undergoes terrigenesis will be covered in cocoon, and if they are lucky (some of them sadly does not get that privilige Frown), they can break out of that cocoon, reborn with new abilities and/or physical transformation. So the cracking was not meant to showcase Daisy’s power.

The following users say thank you to AgentFC for this post:

katrina, Faldang
December 11, 2014
11:29 pm
katrina

Level 3

Agent_Skye_Poots said

(Firstly I’ve never submitted on a forum before so sorry if I do this wrong or something but…)
Alright, so I loved the episode. Though I’ve never read the Inhuman comics I’ve been keeping up on the theories so it wasn’t too surprising what came of it. Ever since Skye’s papa bear hinted that wasn’t her name it made it seem like she was someone from the comics, and Inhumans have been the pretty clear direction for a few episodes now. And that excites me to the brim! I find them fascinating and LOOOOOVE this development.

But, this show does not assume you’ve read the comics. In many reviews I’ve read, people are beginning to call Skye Daisy, as though knowing what her name was supposed to be automatically makes her a new character. We’ve grown to know Skye for Skye. Quake is a different story, as like all superhero personas it is the name the character takes on to identify with that “super” part of themselves. The thing about the MCU is that though it’s based on comics so people could argue that it’s normal for her to be called Daisy, we didn’t come to know of them as their own person and then suddenly have it revealed that they in fact are another. And she obviously has a vastly different origin story, so maybe they’ll keep on that path? Now, Marvel is twisty and turney and I’m all for that, but to change her first name, to me, it would be hard for non-comic fans to handle. Is that the direction everyone thinks they are going to take this? I’m really curious just to see what people think.

Oh! I’m also curious to see what more non-comic book fans of this development… the people that I watched this episode with have never picked up a comic and loved the fact that the main focus was about not super people as the show advertised (one especially liking Skye but she knew something like this was coming…) so if anyone hasn’t read them what did you think?

I agree with everything you said. I, too do not read the comics. So when people start talking about Daisy, Quake, Hollow, Reader, and Mr.Hyde, etc. I feel totally lost. I mean, besides my thread “questions for non-Marvel experts”, there should be a thread just for the non-comic book readers. It is hard when people say that things are shaping up just like the comics. I mean if you haven’t read the comics how would you know?

December 11, 2014
11:33 pm
katrina

Level 3

Agent Sullivan said

harleyrose1975 said

1. Is Tripp really dead? I don’t think so. I think the way he crumbled is telling. It is completely different from how the others died. I think he will be transformed -into who or what, I cannot say. I do this day declare and decree it! As if! lol.

The Obelisk/Diviner turns people into stone, correct? Skye has been revealed to be Daisy Johnson, who in the comics has the power to create earthquakes. And there was definitely some earth shaking going on there. I think Tripp crumbled because he was so close to the epicenter of the quake. As much as I like Tripp, I do think he’s really dead. /wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

EDIT: Whoops, I should read before I post. Director E said what I feel:

Director E said

Afalstein said

Hey guys. Hope for Agent Tripp. This reddittor argues that he's not dead, he just turned into a ghost--an Inhuman named Hollow who is intangible, hence why his cocoon crumbled away.

Their argument is that most killed by the Diviner stay in one solid lump of stone, not crumble like that. Clearly we're seeing a cocoon like Skye and Raina, only we can't see his new form, because his powers (like Skye's) activated automatically.

I don't buy it myself (there was nothing in his history to suggest this, and it would rob the scene of a lot of import, I think the crumbling decision was done to show Skye's powers at work and also drive home that Tripp was dead) but it's a fun idea.

I was hoping for something like that but... there's no reason to think Tripp had anything "special" about him like the other two did, if he'd touched the diviner earlier he'd have likely been turned to stone like the others. The reason he crumbled is because of skye... err.. .Daisy aka Quake doing what Quake does.. at least that's what I took as being the case. Also, what crumbled appeared to be solid, not hollow so it's not looking good at all. That said, this is a world of super humans and aliens and ANYTHING is possible so I'm not about to give up yet

And I'm going to keep calling her Skye for now. That's who she chose to be, and I feel that she doesn't want to be associated with her father and his name for her. For now.

Did Skye choose to be Skye? I thought that it was shown that she knew nothing of her past. So if she is just finding out her real name is Daisy how could she choose to be Skye? She hasn't had time to think about her new name. I still didn't see any shaking in the Trip crumbling scene or was it only perceptible to "supersighted" people LOL.

December 11, 2014
11:47 pm
katrina

Level 3

BooHydra said

AgentFC said

Agent Sullivan said
ABC has posted a goodbye video to BJ: Bon Voyage, B.J.! (sorry, I think it's US right now.)

Skye: I just can't believe he's not coming back. He should not have been down there.
Coulson: The Obelisk triggered a massive earthquake. Imagine how much worse it could have been if he hadn't destroyed it. Tripp died a hero.

It might take a while, but it will be available for international audience soon.

And Coulson's right, a new superhero was born (Quake) as another died a very humane heroic manner. Trip basically just sacrificed himself for his whole team, not just Daisy (should we use this name now?). Which again, is sad when I remember that Koenig told him, "Dum Dum Dugan would be proud".

I kind of refuse to call Skye (for the present), and yeah Trip died a hero, doing what he could to save Skye and to stop that massive earthquake (glad they cleared that up as I wasn't not sure if it was an earthquake or what).

I hope Trip's grandfather's Howling Commando gear will go to Coulson's keeping.

Was it an earthquake or just the effect of Trip destroying the crystals? I'm leaning towards Trip destroying the crystals.

December 11, 2014
11:55 pm
katrina

Level 3

Agent K80 said

Eva said

Agent Sullivan said

ABC has posted a goodbye video to BJ: Bon Voyage, B.J.! (sorry, I think it's US right now.)

Skye: I just can't believe he's not coming back. He should not have been down there.
Coulson: The Obelisk triggered a massive earthquake. Imagine how much worse it could have been if he hadn't destroyed it. Tripp died a hero.

I thought Skye caused the earthquake? It sounds like Coulson doesn't know what happened to her down there.

Coulson probably doesnt know about what exactly happened there.. I am not sure if Skye also really knows for sure that she activated the earthquake..

What earthquake all they showed was Trip crumbling.

December 12, 2014
12:00 am
katrina

Level 3

AgentFC said

Erynus said
“What will she become?”, “They will fear you, the transformation is fearsome” Nope, the same plain old Skye as always, she didn’t even turned blue with a pointy tail.

Well, not all Inhuman gain massive physical changes, especially those who are half-breed (one example that immediately crossed my mind would be Luna, daughter of no-longer-mutant Quicksilver & inhuman Crystal). As for Daisy, it’s heavily implied by Cal that only her mother is Inhuman. Cal himself only stated that his wife is the one with ‘gift’.

katrina said
If my understanding of Skye’s powers is correct I don’t see how they were demonstrated just by the cocoon cracking. I mean if she can cause earthquakes wouldn’t the reveal be more earthshaking than that?

“Earthquake” is just a quick and easy term to describe Daisy’s power. Her actual ability though, is creating powerful waves of vibration. She showcased that power by shattering her cocoon with vibration, but that’s probably just a minor doze of the power /wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif.

As for cracking cocoon: every Inhuman who undergoes terrigenesis will be covered in cocoon, and if they are lucky (some of them sadly does not get that privilige /wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif), they can break out of that cocoon, reborn with new abilities and/or physical transformation. So the cracking was not meant to showcase Daisy’s power.

Thanks for that explanation because I thought the cracking was just a natural end result of the cocoon.

December 12, 2014
12:08 am
katrina

Level 3

I loved this episode because it revealed some of what has been talked about in the forums. Wanted to see Cal kill Whitehall and Ward and Agent 33 rejoin SHIELD. Still not convinced either Ward or Agent 33 are bad. They may not be good but they aren’t really bad either. They are just misguided. Sorry to see Trip go I think he and Simmons would have been good together. Would have been nice to see what Raina became. The shot of Skye emerging from the cocoon and her hair flinging back made me think of the models posing in swimsuit pictures. The Coulson’s reaction, hand against pillar yelling Skye, was great. Love it when he is helpless. Makes me really feel for him. Guy with no eyes holding an obelisk makes anxious for second part of season. Why do they make us wait so long? It is not as though they would loose viewers if they did not wait.

December 12, 2014
12:38 am
AgentWhat

Level 1
Forum Posts: 5

katrina said

Agent_Skye_Poots said

(Firstly I’ve never submitted on a forum before so sorry if I do this wrong or something but…)
Alright, so I loved the episode. Though I’ve never read the Inhuman comics I’ve been keeping up on the theories so it wasn’t too surprising what came of it. Ever since Skye’s papa bear hinted that wasn’t her name it made it seem like she was someone from the comics, and Inhumans have been the pretty clear direction for a few episodes now. And that excites me to the brim! I find them fascinating and LOOOOOVE this development.

But, this show does not assume you’ve read the comics. In many reviews I’ve read, people are beginning to call Skye Daisy, as though knowing what her name was supposed to be automatically makes her a new character. We’ve grown to know Skye for Skye. Quake is a different story, as like all superhero personas it is the name the character takes on to identify with that “super” part of themselves. The thing about the MCU is that though it’s based on comics so people could argue that it’s normal for her to be called Daisy, we didn’t come to know of them as their own person and then suddenly have it revealed that they in fact are another. And she obviously has a vastly different origin story, so maybe they’ll keep on that path? Now, Marvel is twisty and turney and I’m all for that, but to change her first name, to me, it would be hard for non-comic fans to handle. Is that the direction everyone thinks they are going to take this? I’m really curious just to see what people think.

Oh! I’m also curious to see what more non-comic book fans of this development… the people that I watched this episode with have never picked up a comic and loved the fact that the main focus was about not super people as the show advertised (one especially liking Skye but she knew something like this was coming…) so if anyone hasn’t read them what did you think?

I agree with everything you said. I, too do not read the comics. So when people start talking about Daisy, Quake, Hollow, Reader, and Mr.Hyde, etc. I feel totally lost. I mean, besides my thread “questions for non-Marvel experts”, there should be a thread just for the non-comic book readers. It is hard when people say that things are shaping up just like the comics. I mean if you haven’t read the comics how would you know?

Speaking for myself, I only stumbled across the comics backstory when I stumbled across this forum a couple of weeks ago wondering if the show had a "fandom" around it. I had no idea Marvel has such a rich story background!! That said I think it's extra cool they're nodding towards the comic fans. Of course for us non-comic fans the pay off isn't as great to see these reveals come about since unless you find this forum you're fairly clueless about the backstory. Which in turn I think speaks a lot about the show -- it didn't require knowledge of the comics in order to follow along and enjoy the show!! I've enjoyed SHIELD from day one and glad it survived thus far!

The following users say thank you to AgentWhat for this post:

Faldang, Agent Aeryn
December 12, 2014
1:38 am
HaloHawk87
Minnesota

Level 3
Forum Posts: 230

I thought the new episode was amazing. One of the best episodes of the series. It was good to finally see them confirm the rumors about Skye being Daisy. My recent prediction about her being an Inhuman turned out to be right. It was surprising to see Whitehall get killed off already. It seems too soon, but I'm ok with it. He was a good villain. Despite having ageless organs in him, I think he's dead for good. It was sad to see Trip die. I think Skye feels that it's her fault that he died. I also don't see him returning. It's good to see that Mack survived. I had a feeling that he would. That cliffhanger was crazy. I can't wait to learn more about that eyeless man. It's interesting to see that there are more diviners out there. I can't wait for the show to return. It will be a long wait, but at least we get Agent Carter to help make the wait easier.

The following users say thank you to HaloHawk87 for this post:

Faldang
December 12, 2014
7:40 am
Erynus
Madrid, Spain

Level 3
Forum Posts: 399

AgentFC said

As far as i know aside from the royal family (Black Bolt, Maximus, Medusa and Crystal) no other Inhuman looks human. Also, in the comics anyone exposed to Terrigen Mist will endure the transformation and gain some kind of power (if the subject is not used to the stress of actually use the power, he will die, but not from the Mist itself).

"Time to grow up, kid -- time to stop playin' pretty girl and face some hard facts. There are questions you will not get answers to. There are things going on that you do not get to know about. And rest assured, I will never slip up in case you feel like bein' coy." -Colonel Nicholas J. Fury.
December 12, 2014
2:45 pm
Hawkeye86
NY

Level 3
Forum Posts: 267

katrina said

Agent K80 said

Eva said

Agent Sullivan said

I thought Skye caused the earthquake? It sounds like Coulson doesn't know what happened to her down there.

Coulson probably doesnt know about what exactly happened there.. I am not sure if Skye also really knows for sure that she activated the earthquake..

What earthquake all they showed was Trip crumbling.

The last few shots so the various characters reacting to an earthquake. Trip crumbling was just an after effect.

December 12, 2014
3:48 pm
katrina

Level 3

Erynus said

AgentFC said

As far as i know aside from the royal family (Black Bolt, Maximus, Medusa and Crystal) no other Inhuman looks human. Also, in the comics anyone exposed to Terrigen Mist will endure the transformation and gain some kind of power (if the subject is not used to the stress of actually use the power, he will die, but not from the Mist itself).

Is the Royal Family the rulers of the Inhumans? Who or what of the powers of each of the Royal Family?

December 12, 2014
5:11 pm
AgentFC

Level 4

Erynus said

I based my comment on the recent Inhuman (comic) series I’ve started reading, so my understanding about this race is probably not that deep. But… (the following is possibly spoilery, so spoiler tag)

- There’s a character named Inferno in the new who doesn’t undergo physical transformation. He’s basically the new Human Torch. In the later chapter, he looks different, but that’s because he overburnt himself. His sister didn’t even get the transformation, his mother didn’t survive the Terrigenesis.
- Nur, or Frank McGee, aside from his glowing eyes, also still looks very much human. He's basically the new Cyclops LOL.
Kamala Khan, the new Ms Marvel also still retains her old physical look, albeit with the power of shapeshifting.
– As I’ve said before, Luna Maximoff, also didn’t receive physical change but that’s probably because his father is not/half Inhuman. But yeah, Crystal is a royal family, so there's that LOL

December 12, 2014
5:17 pm
AgentFC

Level 4

katrina said
Is the Royal Family the rulers of the Inhumans? Who or what of the powers of each of the Royal Family?

Perhaps this should go to the other thread? The explanation might be a tad spoilery... (for the movie)

December 12, 2014
5:33 pm
Agent K80

Level 4
Forum Posts: 1443

katrina said

Yes they are ,

they are led by Black Bolt (destructive hyper sonic voice) and include Medusa (prehensile hair), Karnak (can shatter anything with his hand), Gorgon (strength and causes seismic shockwaves), Triton (breathe in water), Crystal (manipulation of the elements), Maximus the Mad (superhuman intelligence), and their dog-like pet Lockjaw.

December 12, 2014
7:11 pm
Potts

Level 2
Forum Posts: 34

This episode left me wondering all kinds of things. What the heck is Raina transforming into? She has thorns coming out under her eye, perhaps scales on her forehead and down her nose (could also still be remnants of the cacoon), her eyes appeared cat like and her fingers looked reptilian. Ward and Maygent 33 - what is going to happen with those two? Is Whitehall really dead or does him having Skye's mother's organs/blood give him the ability to recover, like GH 325? Does Skye realize she has the ability to "quake"? And what the heck is Mockingbird up to? As to Mockingbird, I got the feeling Coulson thinks something is up. Her response and the look Coulson gave her after he told her to contact Diego about Hydra made me feel he suspects something.

The following users say thank you to Potts for this post:

Agent Aeryn
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 301

Currently Online: Agent Sullivan, Hawkeye86
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today Yagami Crewman
Upcoming Agent Sahel, The Whirlwind, Bluebar, Agent Curtis, MarvelFan

Top Posters:

Agent K80: 1443

AgentFC: 965

Agent Sullivan: 942

Erynus: 399

Kat2107: 331

Hawkeye86: 267

Agent Aeryn: 250

HaloHawk87: 230

Agent Zaffie: 221

Agent OxygenZero: 206

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 307

Members: 4011

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 66

Topics: 931

Newest Members: Mandagh, Agent William Hood, Agent Fitz-Simmons, shittyloser, Nodai, im868, BobbiMorse, SHIELDAgent, jhapradeep726, 000123

Moderators: Commander James: 8

Administrators: Director E: 1966