Follow us on:
Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Tumblr Friend me on Facebook Add me to your circles
Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Pinterest Watch me on YouTube RSS Feed

Episode 2:10 Review & Discussion | 2:10 | Community Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Episode 2:10 Review & Discussion
Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
December 9, 2014
10:00 pm
Director E

Staff
Forum Posts: 1821

Well... THAT just happened!

What did you think of Ep 2x10?

View Poll Results

Director E. aka SHIELDtv.net Administrator and according to Clark Gregg, I'm Level 8!

December 9, 2014
10:38 pm
Afalstein

Level 3
Forum Posts: 131

So this episode was pretty exciting. Not as exciting as I was hoping, but still pretty dang exciting.

We finally get the doctor's name--Cal. It honestly was easy to feel for him, being so sad about the missed opportunities with Skye. The "Daisy, Daisy' song was a little underwhelming--it was a sweet moment, but it could easily have been a lot sweeter. But the dynamic between them was really very cool. Dr. Whitehall's revelation was also a cool moment--for a moment there I thought he might be sufficiently threatening to survive the finale. So much for that idea. Looks like Cal will still be around, though, and going to be the leader of a new breed of enemies.

On that note, we have a new Ward/May mashup I kind of want 33 to lose the mask, but I did find his comment about her face to be pretty funny. Wonder how this new Bonnie and Clyde will play in the future. Skye shooting Ward sent a pretty clear message about how she feels about him, but Ward had some good moments this episode.

Mack's alive! And sane again! Though his stint as the silent sentinel was pretty damn creepy.

Tripp's dead! And dissolved into a thousand pieces, which is really as dead as dead gets. I'm sad, I was sort of hoping they'd play the love triangle with him, Fitz, and Simmons a bit more. And I guess this pretty definitely shuts down those rumors of him being featured in Age of Ultron. Have to say, though, the moment he went into the chamber, I didn't like his chances. Better him than Coulson--Coulson might have survived, but he would also have gotten powers, which would ruin what I love about him. So I guess this is better. Still, I thought he'd be around for longer. That IS going to make the team be a bit more... hostile toward Skye's new powers.

I do have one major complaint with the episode, and that's that it's not as world-sweeping as I was expecting. All the promo material was stressing how awesome, how game-changing, how totally tone-shifting the episode would be. And it really wasn't. It was exactly what we've been expecting for most of the season. And it was only two people. I was expecting some world-spanning ray that would spark mutations all across the globe, leading nicely to Coulson and co trying to deal with the new rash of mutants. Instead, we only got two new supers. True, those are two new supers as part of the main cast, with an introduction to a whole team of others, but even so.... after all the buildup, I was expecting the diviner to impact more than just a little stone room.

Still, a lot of things have changed, and I'll be excited to see how this affects the show come spring.

December 9, 2014
11:03 pm
Director E

Staff

It's only the beginning.. things have not run their course yet so don't assuming it's not as game changing as we've been told!

The following users say thank you to Director E for this post:

Agent Aeryn, harleyrose1975, Faldang, meredithchandler73

Director E. aka SHIELDtv.net Administrator and according to Clark Gregg, I'm Level 8!

December 9, 2014
11:07 pm
Director E

Staff

I want to comment but I have to wait till the ep is on iTunes so I can watch it properly but I'm excited to hear what other people think...

December 9, 2014
11:42 pm
Director E

Staff

I'm starting this discussion but someone more familiar with comics can fill in the rest.

The big thing we learned from this episode is...

"Daisy Johnson, alias Quake, was at first believed to be a mutant with seismic (earthquake-producing) ability, her powers come from her status as the illegitimate daughter of Calvin Zabo, the supervillain known as Mister Hyde."

As some had already guessed, Skye is in fact a pre-established character from the comics, though how much her story will vary from the comics is yet to be seen, but quite a bit I'm guessing.

Agent Asteria

December 10, 2014
12:39 am
GDAWG

Level 3
Forum Posts: 107

I am curious to see if Raina is an actual comic book character.

The following users say thank you to GDAWG for this post:

Faldang
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
December 10, 2014
1:01 am
Director E

Staff

It'll definitely be interested to see if they go to an existing character with Raina, I'd like to think she's something completely new though... they don't ALWAYS have to draw on existing character for inspiration ...

Agent Aeryn, Agent Asteria

December 10, 2014
1:25 am
Afalstein

Level 3

Something that's since occurred to me about Raina--we had always taken her "flower dress" to be a clue to her name or powers. In reality, it was a clue to Skye's. Raina has frequently commented on how she could never replace Skye in her father's heart, but it's been equally clear she'd like to. Her "flower" theme was for her surrogate father, as she observed very early on--"who doesn't like flowers?" But that hid the real reason. Raina was "Flowers" because she wanted to be "Daisy."

The following users say thank you to Afalstein for this post:

Agent Aeryn, AgentFC, Faldang, meredithchandler73, Agent Asteria, Director E, Agent Sullivan, Potts, weapon_hunter, Agent Zaffie
December 10, 2014
1:33 am
Director E

Staff

INTERESTING!

December 10, 2014
1:53 am
Agent Aeryn

Level 3
Forum Posts: 190

I thought this ep was epic.
The thing that surprised me most was Skye shooting Ward like that!!
I'm not that familiar with the comics but I did some people speculate about the names of Skye and her father and I guess they were dead on.

Mac back to mormal, pfew!! I'm happy about that.
FitzSimmons, pfew!!! they still have their "bond" and work great togheter.

Whithall understanding/knowing about Skye and her father, I was not surprised. You can't be one of the heads of Hydra without being ubersneaky and backstabby.

Ward and Agent33 ? hmm not sure how that's gonna work out. And I wonder if Ward's over Skye now :D
I'm glad Skye knows a large part of her past now.

New Baddies new Deviner? ooooh that can't be good but I can't wait.

Tripp dying very sad, I'm sorry but after his close call previously I kinda hoped he would stick around and Hunter could've died... don't get me wrong I think Hunter is funny and all that but I liked Tripp beter.

Afalstein: nice catch on the flowers/Raina thing...I always asumed her liking flowers had to do with her having been in the memory machine.

Also Skye's/Daisy (are we going to call her Daisy now?) got her powers and I wonder what Raina turned into.
And why Cal thinks Skye will now understand what he is?

The following users say thank you to Agent Aeryn for this post:

meredithchandler73, Agent Asteria
Director Coulson: "I can't believe I am the only one seeing this right now" (Agent May vs. Agent May)
December 10, 2014
2:20 am
AgentFC

Level 4
Forum Posts: 791

*sigh*. Okay. Yes. THAT just happened.

My notes:
– The episode started slow, but then it started getting intense and intense. Kudos for that! Lots of things are happening at the same time, and brought the thrills and chills in a bizarre way. A bit agree with Afalstein though, it wasn't as mindblowing as I expected, but I think this is still a gamechanger, considering AoS now stands strong as an important part of the MCU and not just some random spinoff from the movies.
– That scene with the father daughter reunion was really strong, I mean… Kyle McLachlan is truly an awesome actor. 5 thumbs up for him alone!
– As I said, just by revealing the Doctor’s and Skye’s name, everything will be answered. So Cal(vin Zabo) and Daisy (Johnson), welcome to the MCU! And that reveal of Skye… I mean, Daisy’s newfound power is absolutely fantastic. Could’ve been way extravagant, but for a TV budget… that’s amazing. I wonder if she’s gonna cut her hair short like in the comic now? Hmmm…
– Raina became her savage land character! (If I’m not mistaken, in the comic, there’s a Raina and she looks green…)
– So Mack didn’t bite the dust! Yeaaah… but with the cost of Trip…. (insert weeping while cursing words here). That’s the downside of only appearing as a guest star and not show regulars. Gonna miss Trip, but that was sure a sad way to go /wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif
– That scene with Skye… I mean Daisy shooting at Ward was both suprising and well done, and Ward going away with Agent 33? Ouch…
– So Whitehall was killed, just like that? Oh my… no wonder he wasn’t too scary as a villain. At least he was creepy when he said he wanted to experiment on Daisy.
– Bobbi is still hiding something, looks like we’ll need to wait longer to know what she and Mack is hiding. Perhaps they are working for Fury? or Stark?
– Hello Inhumans!!! Glad to know we can stop speculating about you guys now LOL.

And now we have to wait several months for the next episode… Ouuch!
Oh well, at least we’ll have Agent Carter as we wait.

The following users say thank you to AgentFC for this post:

Faldang
December 10, 2014
2:38 am
Afalstein

Level 3

Hey guys. Hope for Agent Tripp. This reddittor argues that he's not dead, he just turned into a ghost--an Inhuman named Hollow who is intangible, hence why his cocoon crumbled away.

Their argument is that most killed by the Diviner stay in one solid lump of stone, not crumble like that. Clearly we're seeing a cocoon like Skye and Raina, only we can't see his new form, because his powers (like Skye's) activated automatically.

I don't buy it myself (there was nothing in his history to suggest this, and it would rob the scene of a lot of import, I think the crumbling decision was done to show Skye's powers at work and also drive home that Tripp was dead) but it's a fun idea.

The following users say thank you to Afalstein for this post:

Agent Aeryn
December 10, 2014
3:39 am
AgentFC

Level 4
Forum Posts: 791

Now that the episode had aired, here’s an interview with the showrunners, courtesy of IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/20.....s-identity

and yes, they talked about their decision for Trip as well…

*EDIT*
Here’s their interview courtesy of EW. Here they talked about the reason to alter Quake's origin:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12.....2f3919eecc

And a special interview with BJ Britt *sobs*:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12.....-bj-britt/

The following users say thank you to AgentFC for this post:

Faldang
December 10, 2014
3:59 am
Agent K80

Level 4
Forum Posts: 1203

The person introduced in the stinger

is rumoured to be Reader
He is a new Inhuman character in Marvel comics, who has the power to make what he reads to come true
So they blinded him.. he goes around recruiting inhumans for some organisations and is also involved in some shady activities

http://marvel.wikia.com/Reader_%28Inhuman%29_%28Earth-616%29

The following users say thank you to Agent K80 for this post:

Director E
December 10, 2014
4:05 am
Agent K80

Level 4

Afalstein said

Hey guys. Hope for Agent Tripp. This reddittor argues that he's not dead, he just turned into a ghost--an Inhuman named Hollow who is intangible, hence why his cocoon crumbled away.

Their argument is that most killed by the Diviner stay in one solid lump of stone, not crumble like that. Clearly we're seeing a cocoon like Skye and Raina, only we can't see his new form, because his powers (like Skye's) activated automatically.

I don't buy it myself (there was nothing in his history to suggest this, and it would rob the scene of a lot of import, I think the crumbling decision was done to show Skye's powers at work and also drive home that Tripp was dead) but it's a fun idea.

i think the showrunners confirmed that

both him and Whitehall are dead

December 10, 2014
4:41 am
Crossbones

Level 3
Forum Posts: 100

My theory is that Whitehall still lives, HYDRA puts him in the Kraken suit(which in the comics is the source of his power). I can't see them not giving us the heavily teased Kraken vs Mr Hyde showdown eventually.

December 10, 2014
6:07 am
harleyrose1975

Level 1
Forum Posts: 8

Director E said

It's only the beginning.. things have not run their course yet so don't assuming it's not as game changing as we've been told!

==========
I've learned not to assume. Somethings seem obvious, but it ain't over until the plump lady sings. We are just seeing the tip of the iceberg. I have been notoriously bad at speculation, but I'm not going to stop. lol. I readily admit that I have no clue about most things in the Marvel Universe.
-
1. Is Tripp really dead? I don't think so. I think the way he crumbled is telling. It is completely different from how the others died. I think he will be transformed -into who or what, I cannot say. I do this day declare and decree it! As if! lol.
-
2. Mac- he's alive, but is he the same? His job as Sentinel was short and what did he really do? I think because he was able to be used in that way ( and didn't die) was an important thing. That may be a prelude to his acquiring his powers. His day as a badass is coming.
-
3. Skye shooting Ward, best event of the night. Too bad she didn't kill him, not that I expected it. Ward and May 2.0 aka agent 33? will be up to naughty business in no time. Keeping Ward bad is the best thing they could do. They should NEVER allow him back into the SHIELD ranks. I was fervently hoping that we wouldn't have a Skye- Ward connection.
-
4. Raina. She is a puzzle indeed. What if Skye isn't Cal's daughter, but Raina is? Wouldn't that be a hell of a twist? Or if Raina is Skye's sister. What if neither of them are Cal's daughter. What if that guy isn't even Cal? Oh,what a tangled web I weave. Ok, it's late and I've fallen down the rabbit hole.
-
5. Cal- huh? I was waiting for him to turn into some hideous monster. I'm still thinking that there's more than meets the eye. I thought Syke's parents were looking for her in that village that was destroyed. If her mother was indeed there, then there are some big fat lies floating around. That episode was some time ago, so I might be mistaken. Do we have more than Cal's word that he's Skye's father? Maybe he's after her for some other reason. He sounds and acts like a nut. Maybe he killed Skye's real parents. I just don't trust most of what he says. Too bad isn't Ward's father. lol.
-
SHIELD could use a couple of people with gifts.
-
I have more to say, but it's late and I have a chocolate milk hangover.

-

December 10, 2014
6:09 am
meredithchandler73

Level 2
Forum Posts: 20

I *loved* this episode. My mind has literally been blown!
--Very first scene where May saves the bus from being blown out of the sky - AWESOME! Fancy flying indeed!
--By the way, I'm starting to tell Billy and Sam apart. Sam is the one that acts more adolescent - he was off-camera in the last episode commenting how "sweet" it was that they were sending The Cavalry and Billy admonished him chiding that she wasn't going to be interested in him. When they were strapped in on the bus, I figure Sam was the one smiling and giving a thumbs up.
--There were some things I expected/hoped for in this mid-season finale. One of them was for bonding moments between Coulson and May. We didn't get anything overly shippy, but Coulson telling May she saved everyone else on the bus and that Skye could handle herself because she taught her well - I admit, I almost swooned.
--Father/daughter reunion - wonderful scene.
--In the last ep when we saw that Whitehall was displeased with Ward's actions of not shooting the bus out of the sky, I was thinking that Ward might end up brainwashed. I'm glad that didn't happen. I hate Ward...but I *like* hating Ward. AND SKYE SHOT HIM 3 TIMES! I totally cheered with that happened! However, he is even more of a wild card than before now that he has no clear agenda. He accomplished his mission to bring Skye to her father. It seems like Ward is teaming up with Agent 33 now. Could he actually feel for her predicament - having been totally dedicated to someone and then losing them? Where will they go? What will they do?
--Expected Skye's father to finally confront Whitehall...but didn't expect to have his revenge taken away by Coulson shooting him! Whitehall was a great baddie, but I'm really OK with him being gone. When he said he would let Skye's father watch what he did to Skye I thought, "He needs to end soon."
--Also expected Dad vs. Dad Fight - very nicely done. Coulson was holding his own for a while (Coulson going for the triangle choke! Love when they throw Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in there! Yay, Clark!), but I'm not shocked that The Doctor would end up getting the upper hand. The amount of rage that he is fueled by...just about everything has been taken away from him. I'm glad he isn't dead and we will likely see him again.
--Fitz and Simmons working together again! I don't particularly care if they become a couple or not. I just like them as a team working together.
--I'm very sorry to see Trip die! I like Mack and I'm glad he is back to normal, but if I had a choice I would have kept Trip and gotten rid of Mack.
--Actually, if I could get rid of anyone from the team, I'd get rid of Hunter. I don't hate him, I just don't like him as much as the others. And I really don't care about his relationship with Bobbi. I guess they are keeping Mack around so he and Bobbi can share cryptic statements about the secret "thing" she isn't telling Hunter about. Looks like the "thing" involved a thumb drive in Mack's garage. Hunter assumes that it doesn't have anything to do with his relationship with Bobbi and I suspect he is right. It seems more likely that they were reporting to someone else - maybe Fury? Maybe Maria Hill? Poor Coulson. He is the Director and still there are secrets being kept from him! Unless - Coulson has Bobbi and Mack doing some secret thing (that Hartley was also involved with) and no one else knows about. Hmmmm.
--I don't think I've loved Skye as much in any episode as this one. She had face-offs with her father and with Ward. Loved the moment where she picked up the obelisk and pressed it to the HYDRA soldier's face. And her transformation at the end was terrific!

I have time to watch the ep at least once more - maybe twice - this morning before heading to work. :)

December 10, 2014
8:06 am
Agent K80

Level 4

Crossbones said

My theory is that Whitehall still lives, HYDRA puts him in the Kraken suit(which in the comics is the source of his power). I can't see them not giving us the heavily teased Kraken vs Mr Hyde showdown eventually.

Maybe the inhuman blood and organs take time to kick into action... so he might have survived

December 10, 2014
9:01 am
Director E

Staff

Afalstein said

I was hoping for something like that but... there's no reason to think Tripp had anything "special" about him like the other two did, if he'd touched the diviner earlier he'd have likely been turned to stone like the others. The reason he crumbled is because of skye... err.. .Daisy aka Quake doing what Quake does.. at least that's what I took as being the case. Also, what crumbled appeared to be solid, not hollow so it's not looking good at all. That said, this is a world of super humans and aliens and ANYTHING is possible so I'm not about to give up yet

Agent Sullivan

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 301

Currently Online: Emerald
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today Aiden, Daisy Ward
Upcoming Reaver Bait, Agent Honey, coder3v, Sammy J, sanny, Hawkeye86, AgentSkyeWard084

Top Posters:

Agent K80: 1203

Agent Sullivan: 882

AgentFC: 791

Erynus: 361

Kat2107: 331

HaloHawk87: 211

Agent OxygenZero: 206

Agent.Natalia.Romanoff.112: 203

Agent Zaffie: 199

Agent Aeryn: 190

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 283

Members: 3564

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 58

Topics: 872

Newest Members: Agent Geanni, Rotschreck, Taspeed, gamermank27, AgentFitzgerald, drake1270, theice, Agent_Javmo94_level7, CE399, mysterieJamie

Moderators: Commander James: 8

Administrators: Director E: 1821