Follow us on:
Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Tumblr Friend me on Facebook Add me to your circles
Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Pinterest Watch me on YouTube RSS Feed

Episode 2:09 Review & Discussion | 2:09 | Community Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Episode 2:09 Review & Discussion
Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
December 2, 2014
9:59 pm
Director E

Staff
Forum Posts: 1886

WOW! What a high-intensity episode!!

What did you think of Ep 2x09

View Poll Results

Director E. aka SHIELDtv.net Administrator and according to Clark Gregg, I'm Level 8!

December 2, 2014
10:29 pm
Afalstein

Level 3
Forum Posts: 136

Oh gosh. Oh gosh. This episode, you guys.

Okay, so the first hint I got that things were going to be fun this week was the appearance of Sam Koenig. Bringing Patton Oswalt was fun enough, bringing him back two of him? Too much fun. There were moments that felt a little gimmicky, as if the show was going "hey, they're all brothers, and isn't that weird?" a bit too obviously, but the first reveal was spot-on, and the conversation between them and Tripp was hilarious. Does the "13" joke mean anything to anyone? The only thing I can think of is Android 13. The LMD theory is looking more plausible, but there was nothing fake about the brothers' anger at Ward.

Ward's attack on the plane was a bit too out-of-nowhere, but he makes a good bad guy--the scene where he was facing off with everyone was played with appropriate tension. And his casual inclusion of Skye was perfectly unexpected and chilling--he had the team right in his palm, and they all knew it. But apparently he didn't order the plane to be shot down. That would have been a beautiful way to cement his villainy, but apparently he's still playing a secondary game. Should be interesting to see how that develops.

Coulson and co in the temple! Incidentally, I thought Coulson had already been shown in the premiere to have an "acceptable casualty" number. I sort of hope that Coulson does become a more pragmatic director, but I also sort of hope he keeps that boyish idealism that makes him so much fun. Although his order to seal Mac underground implies that he's losing that already. Not sure if Mac is quite dead yet, but it wouldn't surprise me--I've been saying he's doomed for weeks now.

Speaking of Mac... anyone know what he was talking with Mockingbird about? It sounds like Hunter was right about her hiding something. My working theory right now is that they were making a superhero outfit for her.

The following users say thank you to Afalstein for this post:

meredithchandler73, Director E, AgentFC
December 3, 2014
1:23 am
Azure

Level 1
Forum Posts: 8

RE: Mac and Bobbi

I got the impression from their lines that they had been having a fling in the past. It was pretty subtle, but that was the impression I got, particularly when Mac was talking about how he's "big brother."

December 3, 2014
4:51 am
Agent z

Level 2
Forum Posts: 12

I'm having issues with Bobbi's honesty. She lectures Simmons about it but she's not totally honest with Hunter herself.

December 3, 2014
5:37 am
Agent K80

Level 4
Forum Posts: 1343

Azure said

RE: Mac and Bobbi

I got the impression from their lines that they had been having a fling in the past. It was pretty subtle, but that was the impression I got, particularly when Mac was talking about how he's "big brother."

Maybe Fury sent them both to keep an eye on Coulson

The following users say thank you to Agent K80 for this post:

AgentFC
December 3, 2014
6:03 am
ShadowNurse
plano,texas

Level 2
Forum Posts: 53

Wow what a tense insane episode!!! Love Koenigs back and the 13 joke really was something... Mac and Bobbi.....interesting Next weeks fall finale will be very interesting

December 3, 2014
6:06 am
AgentFC

Level 4
Forum Posts: 899

My one and only response after seeing this was… MAAAACCCKKK!!!!

After further thought though, he didn’t turn into a stone, so perhaps he’s also not entirely human? What if he’s…

Gorgon? Naaah that can’t be, right?

I hope he won’t get crossed off, losing Henry Simmons (who I still think would’ve been a great Luke Cage) would be such a waste. And what if the 'secret' he and Bobbi talked about was about... Bobbi currently in a relationship with... CLINT BARTON? LOL.

Despite that, I do think this episode kinda have slow pace at the start. The Fitz and Simmons thing was heartbreaking, but for me things started getting interesting halfway through. It just felt like a bridging episode. Should’ve been a 2 hours winter finale…

December 3, 2014
6:12 am
AgentFC

Level 4

Agent K80 said

Azure said

Maybe Fury sent them both to keep an eye on Coulson

THAT... is a very good possibility. In the comic (which might or might not be a good reference), Mockingbird is indeed one of Fury's most trusted agents after all (alongside Black Widow and Maria Hill).

December 3, 2014
7:56 am
meredithchandler73

Level 2
Forum Posts: 20

Sorry that my thoughts are in no coherent order!

--I'm worried for Mac myself. I was hoping he was going to be a bridge between Fitz and Simmons. It was very cool to see him be taken over and fighting everyone. I really hope we haven't seen the end of him just yet. He did NOT immediately turn to stone, so I'm thinking this isn't the end of him. Maybe Bobbi shocking Mac might have brought him back to himself? Although it seems doubtful he would have survived that fall into the shaft. Besides, we got these juicy little hints in his conversation with Bobbi: she says he's a big brother but not hers (who is/was his sibling?) and wonders if Bobbi will bring him in on "the other thing" to which she says, "That? No." And Mac says, "I figured after we lost Hartley you'd..." "No, he has no idea and I'd like it to stay that way." What does the secret have to do with Hartley??? I definitely don't get a sense that Mac and Bobbi had been an item. It's possible she is hiding that she had a relationship recently. I'm just not sure.
--The Skye vs. Fake!May fight was great. Obviously, May has been an awesome S.O. and Skye's been working hard. I'd still love to watch them spar and see May teaching her.
--"And I thought the Koenigs were creepy." Loved Hunter's reaction to seeing Fake!May and all the Koenig stuff was really fun and funny. Yet, we had some nice moments where one of the Koenigs wanted to shoot Ward and the other quietly mouthed not to do it. It's good that there was acknowledgment of Ward killing Eric.
--Obviously Ward didn't follow Whitehall's instructions. Is Ward going to be able to talk himself out of trouble with Whitehall? Whitehall heard about Ward taking a hostage and saying it was an insurance policy, and Whitehall just said, "Interesting. I'll have to ask him about that." But Whitehall was pissed when he found out he let the plane go. I think teaming up with The Doctor may be Ward's only way of avoiding being tortured by Whitehall.
--It seems obvious that Whitehall doesn't know the connection between Skye and The Doctor, or that The Doctor was the husband of the woman operated on for days and took her blood and organs. Perhaps he doesn't even know about the baby. If he did, he would be focused on getting the baby, too. The baby most likely would be able to handle the obelisk, like it's mother.
--KREE! I'm not a comic-book fan, but there has been discussion about what the blue alien was for a very long time.
--FitzSimmons! Sad that Fitz says he isn't getting better and wants to get out of the lab because he can't work *with* Jemma. But then there seems to be that glimmer where Jemma is the only one who can finish his sentences. Also, it is obvious that Fitz has become close to Mac and how will Fitz deal with losing Mac?

NEXT WEEK CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!!!

December 3, 2014
8:21 am
Afalstein

Level 3
Forum Posts: 136

Oh! I completely forgot. The dream at the beginning. All sorts of weird, all sorts of things that I get the feeling they're foreshadowing. Any ideas what it means? For a second there I wondered if Skye was pregnant, but now I'm just thinking that it's lingering anxiety that the team will desert her for being an alien.

December 3, 2014
9:03 am
Hawkeye86
NY

Level 3
Forum Posts: 194

The beginning dream was a bit weird, the show really hasn't done it before and it seemed kinda off imo. But overall I got the impression she was afraid of being abandoned. As for Mack and Morse's conversation, I figured she was going freelance, in the comics she forms the World Counterterrorism Agency (or W.C.A.) after SHIELD was infiltrated by the Skrulls during the Secret Invasion arc. And it would go along with her questioning Coulson about his intentions with the Diviner. She didn't like how Fury was running things and figures Coulson will be the same way. The Koenigs were hilarious, glad they brought back Patton Oswald. Skye's fight with Agent 33 was pretty epic, I can easily see her becoming Madame Masque down the road. So Ward taking Skye wasn't part of Whitehall's plan, I wonder what his endgame is. The Fitz-Simmons stuff was OK, they were never my favorite characters so I'm not as committed to their little subplot. And Mack getting possessed was intense, I hope he's ok, but even if he survived the fight I doubt he could have survived a 100 ft fall

The following users say thank you to Hawkeye86 for this post:

Erynus
December 3, 2014
2:09 pm
Potts

Level 2
Forum Posts: 22

This episode had me on the edge of my seat. The opening dream sequence with Skye was so bizarre. Really wondering about the significance of Skye wearing a flowered dress in the dream. You know it has to mean something. Also, I wonder if Mac is now a Kree Sentry. The icer didn't even phase him. He seemed unstoppable and his strength was off the charts so I don't think the fall hurt him. I believe he is very much still alive. The Skye/Agent 33 fight scene was so well done. Skye has obviously been training hard. Loved the Koenig brothers. Also, when Skye told Ward to pick a side and he said he has, I do not think he was necessarily referring to Hydra as being the side he picked - not saying he picked SHIELD either, I just don't think it is Hydra. I cannot wait until next week, but I am not looking forward to having to wait for March for the second half of the season.

December 3, 2014
2:20 pm
MR. T

Level 2
Forum Posts: 13

Maybe its just me, but I was kind of let down by this episode. Most of the episodes to this point have been real intense and after Skye's dream sequence, I was like "alright, here we go!" But then it just went into cruse. We didn't really learn anything. Nothing that we didn't already see coming happened. I was expecting a little more from the winter finale eve show. Still a good episode, just not what I was expecting.

Anyway, the opening scene with Skye in the flower dress was amazing. I'm going to have to rewatch just to see if I missed anything in that part. So after that we go to the mission breifing, where Mack and Bobbi share a glance when Coulson says he's going to blow up the city. Then Mack and Bobbi talk about "the other thing", and Bobbi gets all 20 questions with Coulson about the city. What is she upto? Speaking of Mack, I'm not too bothered about him potentially being dead. We didn't really know anything about him, although I was just starting to like him because he was helping Fitz.

Fitz, poor Fitz. We got a little glimmer of him and Simmons working together again, but things will never be the same again, will they. Fitz needs a new girl to make Simmons jealous and see what she is missing.

The scenes with Raina are just wierd. Raina seemed to be all okay with SHIELD until she found out that Hydra has the Diviner, then she all going with them. I'm not sure what she is up to either.

Ward. I hate him. Its even worse now that he escaped. I wish someone will put him in his place. Maybe Skye will now that she is his insurance.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait until next week. Hope to have at least some answers to go with the huge cliff-hanger they are going to leave us with for how long...10 weeks.... Did I really just say that? DVR, here we go again!

December 3, 2014
5:40 pm
AgentFC

Level 4

Someone posted a comment at Hitfix pointing about this...

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-marvels-agents-of-shield-ye-who-enter-here-big-mac-attack

Don't forget to mention that they likely identified Skye as Daisy Johnson, Quake, from the comics with the music during her dream. The lyrics that go with that melody start, "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy, all for my love of you . . ."

Did anyone catch that as well? If that's true then a big hint was just dropped, especially considering how song selection was never put as coincidence in this show. Holy... now I really want to rewatch this episode asap!

The following users say thank you to AgentFC for this post:

Potts, Faldang, meredithchandler73
December 3, 2014
6:22 pm
Potts

Level 2
Forum Posts: 22

Good catch Agent FC! Wow, I am rewatching this episode tonight.

December 3, 2014
9:19 pm
AgentFC

Level 4

Potts said
Good catch Agent FC! Wow, I am rewatching this episode tonight.

Not me, the credit should go to that dude at Hitfix. I didn't notice it as well Smile

December 4, 2014
1:40 am
HaloHawk87
Minnesota

Level 3
Forum Posts: 219

I thought the new episode was very good. I liked the mini Lola at the beginning of the episode. I wish I had one, lol. I thought this was Patton Oswalt's best episode. He was hilarious. It was great to have him back. I'm wondering what the "other thing" is. Sounds like Bobbi and Mack had a secret agenda, possibly being Hydra after all, but I hope not. It's interesting what happened to Mack. He might be dead after that fall, but I think he could of survived. After seeing Skye and Raina talk, I'm thinking that they may be Inhumans. Before I assumed Skye was part Kree. I can't wait to see what happens next.

The following users say thank you to HaloHawk87 for this post:

Faldang
December 4, 2014
5:56 am
weapon_hunter
Dresden, Germany

Level 2
Forum Posts: 48

To those who play Marvel Avengers Alliance on FB, all this Mack scene and the worthy talk reminded me a little of the game Kiss

Anyway, there's no Spoilers & Speculation page for episode 10 yet?

December 4, 2014
9:22 am
Erynus
Madrid, Spain

Level 3
Forum Posts: 373

Confirmed, they are Kree. But that don't explain how they evaded Heimdall's sight. Yeah, the Kree empire is outside the Nine Realms, so Odin don't have jurisdiction over it, but Midgard is one of the Realms, and Heimdall should watch over it. Also, given the naming conventions of the Kree (Ronan the Accuser, Korath the Pursuer) i thought the Diviner would be a person.
I loved the hint dropped by Mack that it could be Atlantis, it's a shame it wasn't.
I hate Ward more and more. How come an agent from the medium-low end of the chain became so valuable to HYDRA? How come he gave Bashki away and no one noticed?

"Time to grow up, kid -- time to stop playin' pretty girl and face some hard facts. There are questions you will not get answers to. There are things going on that you do not get to know about. And rest assured, I will never slip up in case you feel like bein' coy." -Colonel Nicholas J. Fury.
December 4, 2014
9:44 am
Agent K80

Level 4
Forum Posts: 1343

weapon_hunter said

To those who play Marvel Avengers Alliance on FB, all this Mack scene and the worthy talk reminded me a little of the game /wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif

Anyway, there's no Spoilers & Speculation page for episode 10 yet?

Who is that in the photo?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 301

Currently Online: Erynus, Agent K80
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today iChad
Upcoming marvelcomicman, Agent Kalliovski, Agent Jones, tweekiepoo, Hail_Hydra

Top Posters:

Agent K80: 1343

Agent Sullivan: 924

AgentFC: 898

Erynus: 372

Kat2107: 331

HaloHawk87: 219

Agent Zaffie: 215

Agent Aeryn: 210

Agent OxygenZero: 206

Agent.Natalia.Romanoff.112: 203

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 296

Members: 3812

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 65

Topics: 907

Newest Members: jaysongambito, jasongambito, LordVape, ElementalSheep, electric M, Agent Reaper, Rafael_RMoreira, Psicotic, Agent Paradox, agenthulk80

Moderators: Commander James: 8

Administrators: Director E: 1886