Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Receives Full Season Order

After a massively successful premiere and two solid follow up episodes ABC has announced today that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has received a full season pickup. This means a "back 9" have been added to the initial order of 13 episodes bringing the season to 22 episodes.

This is ABC's first full season order of the season and is fantastic news for fans. Congratulations to the cast and crew and we look forward to many more seasons to come.

SHIELD  full season

Comments

1. Marty17 says

Absolutely chuffed with the news, but tbh I’m too surprised, as Disney owns Marvel, they’re bound to support it (the show). What I really want is in future eps. it’ll win over nay sayers (or at least keep them quiet) as it’s unnerving (for me) after every eps. (especially when it nears the end of the season, wondering whether there’s another)

2. Director E says

I think this was always a given, something had to go SERIOUSLY wrong for them not to pick i t up for a full season, I even set the site up prepared for the whole 22 eps :D

That said, it’s good to have it all official! I’m happy :)

Now to just find a way to get more people to watch live….

3. Agent Sullivan says

Wonderful news! I can’t say that I’m surprised they ordered a full season. We all knew it would happen, but after only 3 episodes is great :)

4. MarvelGirl83 says

So excited it got a whole season! I was so afraid of the “c” word the way that EW radio was talking about the ratings.

At work today it was like I walked around with this happy secret all excited after I found out we were getting more episodes I love it!! <3

5. Agent Darque says

Most of the talk about ratings in other places was driven by ignorance. Kinda surprising. How many viewers a show gets on the night is not the only thing that matters anymore. The second episode set a 2 year record and was clearly the most popular new show of the season. The fact that it was up against the extremely popular NCIS just made it look bad even though it is doing very well.

6. Marty17 says

All I know is some of my friends are enjoying it (but still think the show hasn’t decided what it wanted to be & a bit cheesy) & were intrigued with the end of eps. 3

7. Joe O'Connell says

An entertaining blend of fiction, fantasy, action, fantastic CGI, a little sexual tension and sly humor. What more could you ask for from a TV show?. A star vehicle for Mr. Coulson, in my opinion. Could option to a motion picture (ala other Marvel prducts). Getting tired of BBB (big boob blond/brunette) “reality” TV. Want to watch, not sucked into some producer induced drama, but truly creative, and well produced television.