S.H.I.E.L.D. Picked up by Australia’s Channel 7

Update: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will air Wednesdays on Channel 7 in Australia. The pilot episode will be shown at 7:30 on Wednesday October 2nd with the second episode airing the same night, catching the show up to air just a few hours after the USA in following weeks.

channel 7We have been informed today that not only has Australia's Channel 7 Network picked up Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but that they also plan to fast-track the series.

Fast Tracking means that the network will air episodes shortly after they air on the ABC Network here in the US, usually within a few days.  This will be welcome news for our southern friends.

Information has yet to filter through about which other international networks have picked up Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but we will keep you informed. If you hear international pickup news be sure to let us know.

Comments

1. Scott McCall says

Huzzah!

Although I think I would have preferred it on Channel 10. Maybe paired with Elementary?

2. Irastev says

Whovian said
    Huzzah!

I would have preferred Channel 10, too. But hey, at least it’s not Nine.

3. dadofmarvelnut says

Does anyone have a release date? I’ve looked on the Seven site but there isn’t any reference to the show yet.

4. Irastev says

I saw the first promo on 73 (Mate!) last night during Dead Man’s Chest! Showed nothing new, just about 2/3 of the already released trailer.

5. Director E says

Fantastic that Australia is promoting it already, and promoting it this early on their sub-channels is likely a good sign too

6. Director E says

I keep seeing bursts of traffic on the site’s article about channel 7 airing the show so I’m guessing the promo is airing at least a couple of times a week.. and people are noticing and interested enough to search for more info which is fantastic.

7. #CoulsonLivesBeliever says

Oh. My. Odin. Allfather. Is this really happening? Ahhhhhhhh! Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait! Arrgh! *stomps frustratedly* I want it now!!!!

8. Coulsonsdittr says

Oh my GOSH I am SO UNBELIEVABLY glad that it’s not Nine- I heard from one of my friends that it had been picked up by one of our networks, but she was like “um.. i think it’s nine?” and my heart sunk like a stone. That stupid network made me wait for 3/4 of an HOUR to watch Legend of the Guardian. 7:30, you say? No. no, we’ll make you wait until 8:20 before we start your movie. If that’d happened to SHIELD…I’d’ve told ABC to take the lower offer from ANY OTHER network.

9. Arrow_vigilante9 says

Channel 7 and 10 both suck
    But this show should will give me an excuse to watch 7 once a week haha

10. Susanne Burton says

I’m guessing and crossing my fingers since they have stated coming to Wednesdays that we will be seeing it on the 25th of Sept well I’m crossing my fingers

• Director E says

I’m sure it will, though when is anyone’s guess at this point. Call channel 7 and let them know how much you’re looking forward to seeing the rest, feedback really does help

11. Director E says