S.H.I.E.L.D. Picked up by Australia’s Channel 7

Update: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will air Wednesdays on Channel 7 in Australia. The pilot episode will be shown at 7:30 on Wednesday October 2nd with the second episode airing the same night, catching the show up to air just a few hours after the USA in following weeks.

channel 7We have been informed today that not only has Australia’s Channel 7 Network picked up Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but that they also plan to fast-track the series.

Fast Tracking means that the network will air episodes shortly after they air on the ABC Network here in the US, usually within a few days.  This will be welcome news for our southern friends.

Information has yet to filter through about which other international networks have picked up Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but we will keep you informed. If you hear international pickup news be sure to let us know.

Director E is the primary founder of MarvelTV.org, SHIELDtv.net and AgentCarter.net

Comments

1. trickarrows says:

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE

2. Whovian says:

Huzzah!

Although I think I would have preferred it on Channel 10. Maybe paired with Elementary?

3. Irastev says:

Whovian said
    Huzzah!

I would have preferred Channel 10, too. But hey, at least it’s not Nine.

4. trickarrows says:

Yeah i can picture the MKR ads already *shudder*

5. dadofmarvelnut says:

Does anyone have a release date? I’ve looked on the Seven site but there isn’t any reference to the show yet.

6. HellYeah says:

That’s just made my week! can’t happen soon enough!

7. Irastev says:

I saw the first promo on 73 (Mate!) last night during Dead Man’s Chest! Showed nothing new, just about 2/3 of the already released trailer.

8. Director E says:

Fantastic that Australia is promoting it already, and promoting it this early on their sub-channels is likely a good sign too

9. Irastev says:

It made my night!

10. Director E says:

I keep seeing bursts of traffic on the site’s article about channel 7 airing the show so I’m guessing the promo is airing at least a couple of times a week.. and people are noticing and interested enough to search for more info which is fantastic.

11. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

12. Yeah, can’t wait for this, at least its on something.

13. #CoulsonLivesBeliever says:

Oh. My. Odin. Allfather. Is this really happening? Ahhhhhhhh! Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait! Arrgh! *stomps frustratedly* I want it now!!!!

14. Channell 7 wins again

15. LdySHIELDarcher says:

And it spreads……..Australia next the world. “evil laugh”

16. Coulsonsdittr says:

Oh my GOSH I am SO UNBELIEVABLY glad that it’s not Nine- I heard from one of my friends that it had been picked up by one of our networks, but she was like “um.. i think it’s nine?” and my heart sunk like a stone. That stupid network made me wait for 3/4 of an HOUR to watch Legend of the Guardian. 7:30, you say? No. no, we’ll make you wait until 8:20 before we start your movie. If that’d happened to SHIELD…I’d’ve told ABC to take the lower offer from ANY OTHER network.

17. Arrow_vigilante9 says:

Channel 7 and 10 both suck
    But this show should will give me an excuse to watch 7 once a week haha

18. can’t wait

19. Susanne Burton says:

I’m guessing and crossing my fingers since they have stated coming to Wednesdays that we will be seeing it on the 25th of Sept well I’m crossing my fingers

20. We have an airdate for Australia now! It’s airing on October 2, at 7:30, but it starts with a double ep, so we’ll be only hours behind the US!