ABC Schedules Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Tuesdays at 8pm

ABC announced this morning that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will take over the 8:00 PM slot on Tuesdays this fall. This has previously been the home of the Dancing With the Stars results show. What do you think of this spot on the schedule?

Here are all the details from ABC’s press release.

Continuing to deliver some of the most compelling and heartfelt series on television, ABC is adding
fourteen new shows to its established slate of programming. Paul Lee, President, ABC Entertainment Group, will unveil the network’s new lineup to the advertising and media communities this afternoon at Lincoln Center’s Avery Fisher Hall.

“We are taking some big swings with groundbreaking shows this season, and staying close to our roots with smart and sophisticated storytelling. ABC is known for its combination of innovation and stability, and our new schedule reflects that. We’re bringing back the shows that viewers have embraced and enhancing the lineup with a slate of exciting new series,” said Lee.

New series for the 2013-14 season are “Back in the Game,” “Betrayal,” “The Goldbergs,” “Killer Women,” “Lucky 7,” “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Mind Games,” “Mixology,” “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland,” “Resurrection,” “Super Fun Night,” “Trophy Wife” and new alternative series “The Quest.”

MONDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Dancing with the Stars”

10:00 p.m. “Castle”

TUESDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

9:00 p.m. “The Goldbergs”

9:30 p.m. “Trophy Wife”

10:00 p.m. “Lucky 7”

WEDNESDAY:

8:00 p.m. “The Middle”

8:30 p.m. “Back in The Game”

9:00 p.m. “Modern Family”

9:30 p.m. “Super Fun Night”

10:00 p.m. “Nashville”

THURSDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Once Upon A Time in Wonderland”

9:00 p.m. “Grey’s Anatomy”

10:00 p.m. “Scandal”

FRIDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Last Man Standing”

8:30 p.m. “The Neighbors”

9:00 p.m. “Shark Tank”

10:00 p.m. “20/20”

SATURDAY:

8:00 p.m. “Saturday Night College Football”

SUNDAY:

7:00 p.m. “America’s Funniest Home Videos”

8:00 p.m. “Once Upon A Time”

9:00 p.m. “Revenge”

10:00 p.m. “Betrayal”

About Commander James

James Riley (Co-founder)

Professional Photographer, comics, TV, movies & technology geek.

Twitter: @danregal Web: GeekShotPhoto.com

Comments

1. HaloHawk87 says:

It’s a great choice, and was the day and time that I wanted the most, too. Now I have S.H.I.E.L.D. to watch on Tuesdays and Revolution to watch on Wednesdays this fall. I can’t wait!

2. trickarrows says:

Makes me sad it’s competing with NCIS! But oh well, i know which one i’m going to choose! :P

3. I don’t know enough about how schedules work strategically in terms of trying to get ratings since I only watch shows online, but I was wondering, if it had been scheduled before Castle, would that probably give it a viewership bump compared to where it’s scheduled now?

4. trickarrows says:

borednihilist said

I think it would have, but im fairly sure they’re trying to fill the gap left by Dancing with the Stars. They’d rather the ratings be  spread out over the two days, than for one of the days to slump.

5. Director E says:

I think a S.H.I.E.L.D./Castle pairing would work wonderfully however ABC won’t pull DWtS from Mondays AND Tuesdays.. and the Monday show is 2 hours so there’s no room for anything else in the schedule.

While Castle has proven it can stand on its own (getting better numbers than DWTS lately!) it has been such a stable show for ABC I don’t think they will ever move it.

6. when does SHIELD begin to AIR?

7. I feel the show sould be accompanied by something more in the vein of sci-fi/fantasy and not by a sitcom.
    ABC should pair SHIELD with OUAT, the OUAT spinoff or, last in case CASTLE.

• Director E says:

I think those pairings would have been good but ABC has to look at their whole schedule and how they think they can get the most out of everything, not just one show. I suspect they feel that S.H.I.E.L.D. could be their best rated show and that it may help those other shows get their start.

8. Lewis Pace says:

A new show by Joss. A show about S.H.I.E.L.D. Could things be any better? No. But could things be any worse?

Well, they could have scheduled it for the Friday Night Graveyard where shows go to be killed. ABC did the next worse thing. They put it up against NCIS.

Oh, come on!

I can understand ABC’s reasoning … this may be the only show they have that could possibly compete with NCIS for ratings. But it’s a brand new show. Give it a chance to build an audience before putting it up against some of the biggest guns out there!

• Director E says:

The television landscape is such these days that there’s room for two shows to succeed at once. Despite NCIS having such great ratings, there are still a lot of viewers left over and if S.H.I.E.L.D. can get a large proportion of those it’s all going to be good. It’s also a different landscape these days with same day DVR viewing being counted in the overnight ratings, so people can watch both NCIS and S.H.I.E.L.D. in the evening, one live, one DVRd and it still counts for both so long as the DVR viewing is done before I think it’s 2am.

9. Is there any particular set date of when these air? I live in Australia, so I don’t know what the particular date is…

• Director E says:

There’s no actual date yet however it is likely to be the 17th September.

The International Upfronts presentations took place over the weekend so news of international pickups should hopefully start filtering through before too long.

10. LdySHIELDarcher says:

Can’t wait, is it Sept yet?  I love NCIS but can DVR it. S.H.I.E.L.D will be first on my list.

11. HaloHawk87 says:

Putting it up against NCIS may of been bold, but putting it up against Sunday Night Football would of been much worse. Sunday Night Football is the most watched program on TV.

12. Well, this past year I had almost nothing to watch on Tuesdays, just Fox comedies all night long. With S.H.I.E.L.D. in one of those slots next season, I’ll have something to really look forward to. I just hope it can go up against the juggernaut that is NCIS. If it starts getting bounced around the schedule, I’m not going to be very happy.

13. I think AoS and NCIS can coexist, given that there’s pretty much nothing else on in this slot. If anything, Shield might snatch some of CBS’ demos. That would probably not worry them, though. I’m sure they have loads of confidence on all their hit shows: CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, NCIS Pittsburgh, LNSCI, LNSCI Albuquerque and LNSCI Salt Lake City.

14. Do you know what channel this is on with virgin cant find the show anywhere Thanks